C or W

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AznSeal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How many tests do you have per semester in histology?

Oh, and how is lab weighted or do you get a grade for it separately than lecture?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and how is lab weighted or do you get a grade for it separately than lecture?

Lab and lecture all weighted equally for one total grade.

3 Lecture exams and 3 Lab.

I'm going to see if my grades salvageable or not after the first exam before i consider dropping.

would it be possible to switch the grading of the course to pass/fail? that way it would not affect your gpa if you got a C

So bottom line: if i get a D/F on the test, do I drop the class and take the W or stay in and take the C. I figured a C is just a GPA killer where as a W can be sort of covered for if it's my only drop.

So I figure histology wasn't a requirement, and you chose to take it as an elective?

Also, you're graduating in three years?

So I figure histology wasn't a requirement, and you chose to take it as an elective?

Also, you're graduating in three years?

It's a requirement for my major.

As my school, all premeds have to take Histology, Vertebrate Development, and Biomedical Physiology before they graduate. Those 3 are the GPA killers, and I was dumb enough to take one junior year instead of waiting for second semester senior year >_>

No, after this year I have my senior year, but usually the last semester of GPA med schools see before interviews is spring of junior year.

It's a requirement for my major.

As my school, all premeds have to take Histology, Vertebrate Development, and Biomedical Physiology before they graduate. Those 3 are the GPA killers, and I was dumb enough to take one junior year instead of waiting for second semester senior year >_>

Okay, I see it now. Well, in that case, stick with the class. It wouldn't do much difference whether you take it now or later. If you take the W the first try and get a C on the second try, your update letter/LOI won't be a good thing.

No, after this year I have my senior year, but usually the last semester of GPA med schools see before interviews is spring of junior year.

You can apply in the spring of your senior year.

Lab and lecture all weighted equally for one total grade.

3 Lecture exams and 3 Lab.

I'm going to see if my grades salvageable or not after the first exam before i consider dropping.

You could still get an A. You might get a little lower, but I wouldn't worry too much. I say stay in it and study harder.

W > C. Especially if you Ace it later.

Go to your professor and ask how to improve and do well in the class. Aim for a B/B-. it wont lower your GPA by much.

That doesn't make sense. If OP can ace it later, why withdraw now when he can ace it now? It's going to be hard now or later

Part of the reason I felt I did so bad on the first test was because it fell on a week where I had 3 tests in a row. M=chinese, T = Invertebrade Biodiversity, W= Histology.

Part of the reason I felt I did so bad on the first test was because it fell on a week where I had 3 tests in a row. M=chinese, T = Invertebrade Biodiversity, W= Histology.

Same thing can happen in the future.

If there is no other option but to get a "C," taking the "W" is the wisest choice.