C/Pass = MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

e33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told by a well respected pysician that most of the good doctors actually come from the middle of the class.

Members don't see this ad.

I would have to assume it can come from anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, basic science years dont reflect on ability. Anyone who gets through medical school can be a 'good' doctor. Half of any doctor's success is first of all based on patient interaction. Even if theyre asssholes, they can do well so long as they can at least put up a good face in front of people.

As far as knowledge goes, thats what clinical years, internship, residency, and fellowship are all for. If you see similar cases presented to you year after year after year, youre going to be able to recognize what is going on.

news flash: most doctors come from the middle of the class....see the BELL CURVe!

I was told by a well respected pysician that most of the good doctors actually come from the middle of the class.

:confused:

There's a well known quote:

"Half of all doctors were in the bottom 50% of their class."

We have a well known professor who often says that the doctors that get the best residencies are the B/C students (from first two years). His assumption is that they will work that much harder in clinicals and get great LORs as compared to the students at the top of the class. Also, those with a ton of clinical experience tend to not be at the top of pre-clinical education--but will obviously shine during clinical education.