MD c3.84 GPA 517 MCAT need help with a school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Freezingtoaster

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the title says I just got MCAT scores back for the April 28 test date. 3.84 cum gpa and 517 MCAT. Biochem major with 1500 hours of undergrad research in cancer bio. I need help coming up with a school list because I'm totally lost.

WashU - definitely a reach but my bro goes there for undergrad so why not
SLU
Columbia?
Rochester
Dartmouth
Boston
KU - state school
UMKC
Oregon Health and Science - I have family in Portland so it's worth a shot
U Michigan
Case Western

Pls give me suggestions/criticize my list
 
So long as you have sufficient clinical experience, community service, leadership/teaching on your app, I'd say you can pretty much apply anywhere you want. However, make sure you have a solid list of mid-tiers as well:

Emory
Case Western
Dartmouth
USC - Keck
Einstein
Cincinnati
OSU
Miami
Rochester
Jefferson

Also check out OOS publics that accept a decent amount of OOS students (consider Pitt, UVA, UMich)

Good luck!
 
As the title says I just got MCAT scores back for the April 28 test date. 3.84 cum gpa and 517 MCAT. Biochem major with 1500 hours of undergrad research in cancer bio. I need help coming up with a school list because I'm totally lost.

WashU - definitely a reach but my bro goes there for undergrad so why not
SLU
Columbia?
Rochester
Dartmouth
Boston
KU - state school
UMKC
Oregon Health and Science - I have family in Portland so it's worth a shot
U Michigan
Case Western

Pls give me suggestions/criticize my list
Given that you have a few schools from the northeast on your list, consider adding the following:
Albert Einstein
Hofstra
Mt. Sinai
NYU
Weill Cornell
Stony Brook
SUNY Downstate

With your stats and ECs, you have a strong chance at most places.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest the following:
Wash U

U Chicago

U Penn

NYU

Vanderbilt

Columbia
Sinai
Cornell
Northwestern
Case
Harvard
Yale
Stanford
JHU
U VA
U MI
U AZ
U VM
U WI
U Cincy
Ohio State
U IA
UCSF
UCLA,
Miami
Tulane
Albert Einstein
Emory
BU
USC/Keck
Mayo
Rochester
Dartmouth
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Your state school