CA resident? What OOS school should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobthesun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.3 sgpa, 3.5 non science-gpa. 3.4 cgpa (2 Cs Calc II and intermediate micro)
30 on mcat.
great extra curriculars. from varsity athletics, thousand volunteer hours, publication, class president to student government treasurer (30hr a week time commitment on top of 30 hours of varsity soccer).
i just want a list of oos schools to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump this
Hmm well my personal opinion is that people say "Oh this school loves Californians!" but that it is not so much that they are Californian but that they are otherwise strong applicants who get shafted in CA because there are too many excellent applicants. Nevertheless, a few schools to consider:
-Creighton
-SLU
-SUNY schools
-OSU
-NYMC (?)
-Both AZ schools now that they can take 50% OOS (?)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some

To add to the list provided by sector9, Drexel medical school is pretty friendly towards applicants with strong Extracurricular activities and have a pretty holistic approach. However, applying this late will definitely be detrimental to your application. In my opinion avoid schools such as Tulane, GW, Georgetown and Umich.

To add to the list provided by sector9, Drexel medical school is pretty friendly towards applicants with strong Extracurricular activities and have a pretty holistic approach. However, applying this late will definitely be detrimental to your application. In my opinion avoid schools such as Tulane, GW, Georgetown and Umich.

I am preparing a list for june 1st of next year. Thanks for the advice both you and sector