calc for certain med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floatingribs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken college algebra (i placed horribly on the placement test), pre-calc, and am taking statistical methods. I received an A in each since math in classes is easy for me so I wouldn't mind taking calc but do I need it?
I can only take it in summer to fit it in my schedule and it's costing me an extra $1600 and I'd rather not spend it if I don't need it. (my school won't allow any science or math courses from cc).

I've seen the required and rec math courses but I can't seem to find University of San Francisco's anywhere when it comes to math. I know taking calc won't hurt, but will it make a really big difference in my application? Also in schools where it is required will they like basically throw out my application if they don't see Calc even though I have Stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at that specific link earlier, but on all these lists even the one Berkeley put on for California schools doesn't include any stats from UCSF.