• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Calc II, I hate you!

SaginawPremed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Saginaw, MI
    I just bombed my first Calc II exam... it's one of five, but... I don't bomb college exams, particularly math ones. This was awful. Up until now, I've 4.0ed everything.

Anyone have any tips how to master this class? Links to good outside resources? Not cool, this Calc II thing. :mad:

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 18, 2003
    Neverland
    1. Attending Physician
      SaginawPremed said:
      I just bombed my first Calc II exam... it's one of five, but... I don't bomb college exams, particularly math ones. This was awful. Up until now, I've 4.0ed everything.

Anyone have any tips how to master this class? Links to good outside resources? Not cool, this Calc II thing. :mad:

I love math :love: The key (for me anyways) is to do every single problem in the chapter... it'll boost your grade in no time :)

LUBDUBB

Freakaholic
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 7, 2002
        SaginawPremed said:

If you can't do math you might as well give up now. Drop the class, take a 'withdrawl', save your precious 4.0...lol...sorry but seriously, go to the bookstore and get some study guides, like schaum's outlines and REA. Do as many problems as you can. And from now on, don't take any more math classes unless you have to for your major. Best of luck.

~Lub

About the Ads

icebrat001

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jan 14, 2005
        Arizona
        1. Other Health Professions Student
          SaginawPremed said:

+pity+

I'm sorry to break it to ya but we can't get perfect grades all the time.

So you hit a bump in the road, move on and learn from it.

Go to the math lab, use a math tutor, talk to the prof during office hours, read a study guide and "4.0" everything else and you'll probably be fine. You might even escape the class with some kind of an A anyway.

:luck:

G0S2

SDN Angel
          10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Oct 11, 2003
          TX
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Calc II is useless for med school!!!!!! My lowest grade in undergrad (a**hole prof) and now I have no idea why I took it. I have never used it, was accepted to med school despite it, and my roommate, a MS4 said he took it in high school and said it has no use.

hb2998

15+ Year Member
            Jan 18, 2005
            1. Resident [Any Field]
              Calc II. The only class I got a B in!. I did eveything! EVERYTHING. Tutor.. Mathlab, Every problem in 2 books. Nailed the problems. The tests were HARD!. I should've known better than taking the hardest math teacher in school... Plus the math class was being graded on a curve, and the only ones left at the end of the quarter were 3 math majors, 4 engineering majors, and me (Bio!) [community college, small classes... class shrunk from 35 to 8!]. [Watch out, if the teacher loves to trick you.. he'll do it!] Just relax. One B doesn't hurt you. You'll get over it.. plus, its not over yet!.. (Ps. Before Calc II, I LOVED CALC)... If my major wanted any more math classes :scared:, I'd change my major! See if you can find an easier teacher. Most of my friends got an A in calc II, and I really know much much more calc than they do.. But my gpa suffered... you don't really need to know calc II backwards and forwards.. even calc based physics doesn't require you to integrate hyperbolic sine and cosine... last time i used taylor expansion was in that calc class.. It doesn't help you one bit.. and you'll probebly forget all the nice tricks right after the final unless you just like integrating! Don't worry too much.. my GPA went from a 4.0 to a 3.95 or something.. not a biggy... I took stat, and plan on taking biostat to bump up my M in BCPM.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.