I know that this thread was discussed not too long ago, but I am unclear about something.
I took Pre-Calculus last semester, got a C. 🙁 I just don't understand calc at all, it's like, I just have a block on functions and I can't get it. I took pre-calc my senior year of HS and didn't get it then, and didn't get it last semester.
So, I am just confused about if a semester of Calculus is actually required. I am going to be a junior next semester (Fall 05) because I plan on taking Organic chem over the summer and so I have to start thinking about applying to med school and everything now. Could I just get away with taking a semester of stats? Or do I have to take the calc. I plan on applying to Stony Brook definately as well as others, but hopefully I get accepted and can attend med school there, at Stony Brook. I couldn't find anywhere on the website about their premed requirements though.
So I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with that school, or just some general helpful info about the calc situation. I go to extra help and everything, and still don't get it, I do all the work as well.
Last semester I got a 2.9... bad, I know. But it was because I had to take all required courses like philosophy and sociology and stuff like that that I really wasn't interested in. Of course, the C in precalc didn't help my GPA. I had transfer credits from another college for genchem and got a B and and A for both semesters thats why I didn't take any science this year. Again this semester I am taking only required courses in which I have no interest in, but I will work much harder in order to improve my GPA. I am pretty decent at the science courses and hopefully they will improve my GPA once I take them. But I was wondering, have I totally screwed up my chances for med school?
Thanks.