California Applicants (2015-2016 Cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I'm pretty late to this thread but figured I would chime in anyway. Congrats to everyone on their acceptances/interviews!

University: UC Berkeley
Major: Integrative Biology and Public Health (double major)
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 165 verbal, 158 quantitative, 4.0 writing

Extra-Curric: sorority membership VP, sorority president, Habitat for Humanity, Girls on the Run coach, anatomy lab instructor, 1 year of work in a research lab

Volunteer: 90 hours outpatient, 40 hours outpatient pediatric, 75 hours inpatient

Applied: GWU, UMBC, University of the Pacific, Samuel Merritt, UCSF/SFSU, UNC, AT Still, Chapman, USC

Acceptances: GWU (1/22), Samuel Merritt (2/02)

Waitlist: USC (3/1)

Rejections: UMBC, UNC, UCSF/SFSU, UoP

Interviews: GWU (1/08), Samuel Merritt (1/29-1/30)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OVERDUE UPDATES

cGPA (undergrad): 3.456
Pre-req GPA: 3.3 - 3.7
GRE: Q 155 / V 162 / W 5.0

Hours: 469 Outpatient / 216 Inpatient

Applied: CSUF, CSULB, CSUN, CSUS, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, UCSF/SFSU, USC, UoP, WesternU (out of state: UNLV, UW)

Interviews: UCSF/SFSU 01/23/16, Samuel Merritt 1/23/16 (declined), WesternU 1/28/16 (declined), UNLV 1/29/16 (declined), UoP (1/29/16), CSU Fresno 1/30/16, CSU Sac 2/6/16

Rejections: UW 02/16/16 (forgot to submit suppl. application!! whaaaat. oh well.)

Waitlisted: CSUN 01/07/16, UCSF/SFSU 1/31/16, CSUS 02/15/16, CSUF 02/16/16 (declined) CSULB 02/29/16 (declined), UoP 02/29/16
Acceptances: USC 12/08/15, UoP 3/15/16 (declined), CSUS :biglove: 03/14/16

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything from Chapman University since the last time they emailed?
And I feel like the CSULB class has filled up...does anyone know if they notify us when the class is full if we're on the waitlist?

SO ANXIOUS. I love USC but the money......hoping to hear from Chapman or Long Beach soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from Chapman University since the last time they emailed?
And I feel like the CSULB class has filled up...does anyone know if they notify us when the class is full if we're on the waitlist?

SO ANXIOUS. I love USC but the money......hoping to hear from Chapman or Long Beach soon...

I would honestly give Admissions a call and see if they can give you some sort of update on where you stand or how full the class is.
I applied to both Summer and Fall cohorts and was waitlisted. I got accepted a couple weeks ago and while I was waiting I made it a point to show that I was very interested in their program because they were my number 1 choice!

I would also suggest attending their upcoming info session on Saturday.

Hey jdnguyen11,
For what it's worth, the CSULB DPT class of 2019 facebook group has around 42 members (including a couple year 2s), so I think they are either at or really close to full capacity since the cap is 36.
Chapman also told me that their fall class was full. Give chapman a call and ask about the summer cohort!

I CAN FINALLY WRITE A POST ON HERE! I'm so excited to start DPT school :D

Cum GPA: 3.561
Pre-req GPA (PTCAS): 3.468 (3.6-3.7 with retakes)
GRE: Q 161/ V 160/ W 4.0
Hours: 100 Peds/ 200 Outpatient Ortho/ 50 SNF

Applied: Mt St. Mary's, Chapman, UCSF, CSU Fresno, Samuel Merritt, APU, CSUN, USC

Interviews: UCSF (1/23), Samuel Merritt (1/30), APU (4/8), CSU Fresno (declined)

Waitlists: CSUN, Mt St. Mary's, Samuel Merritt (2/5)

Rejections: USC, UCSF

Acceptances: APU (4/21), Samuel Merritt (4/21)

Attending: ??

I'm just glad this whole waiting game is finally over. Phew. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
I CAN FINALLY WRITE A POST ON HERE! I'm so excited to start DPT school :D

I'm just glad this whole waiting game is finally over. Phew. :soexcited:
Congrats!! It's a good feeling :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

xposting from main thread:

University: San Francisco State University
Major: Biology (concentration Physiology, minor Chemistry)

cGPA: 3.56 (lowest grades were C- in ochem 2 and a C+ in chem2, both extenuating circumstances. Includes abnormal and dev psych, death/dying, and a couple grad-level bio courses)
Pre-req GPA: 3.46
GRE: 162 V, 162 Q, 4.5 W (90/83/80 percentile)

Observation: 225 inpatient, 142 outpatient (all in one rehabilitation hospital, various departments)
Other: 3 yr Primary research + mentoring (includes middle author paper, grants, symposiums, etc), Community leadership (4 years) Computer Repair/Medical Scribe work experience. Took a year off before applying, in all going to start DPT classes after being out of a major uni program for nearly 4 years.

Applied: Samuel Merritt, St. Ambrose, UCalifornia San Fran/San Fran State U, UNevada Las Vegas, U Pittsburgh, U Washington, West Coast U

Interviews: All but Pittsburgh/Washington (no-interview schools)
Waitlists: All but Washington (rejected) and WCU, initial position 30 to 70
Rejections: Washington
Acceptances/attending: WCU

In all, 11 applications (including last year) and 10 effective rejections. Pretty humbling, but a buddy of mine also tried 2 years to get into grad school and was rejected 7 out of 8 times - and now works at an R1 uni. Gonna make it count >:3