California BOP ATT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxglasshalffull

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is not for me as I got licensed with California last summer. This is for my boyfriend. He sent in his application 5/13 but still hasn't gotten his ATT. Has any new grads gotten to schedule their NAPLEX and CPJE yet? Last year I sent my application in around 6/15 and took both NAPLEX and CPJE by the end of July. The board seems slow this year.

Any input on this issue would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to know why they can cash the check so slowly, but it then takes two months to process after that. Like what can take two months? Verifying the name? Verifying the finger prints?

My check was cashed on 7/8

No response yet....(Irritated)

I just want to know why they can cash the check so slowly, but it then takes two months to process after that. Like what can take two months? Verifying the name? Verifying the finger prints?

My check was cashed on 7/8

No response yet....(Irritated)

they say it takes up to 2 months after your check is cashed. this week they just processed checks cashed around 6/11 and apps sent early may. im guessing yours would be processed next month around this time. hopefully sooner.

Members don't see this ad :)
sent in my application early June, and my check was cashed ~6/23. Still waiting. I will probably get stuck in the QA at this rate. Do you guys think the QA might go faster in august if things are taking forever at this point, because more people are being delayed for boards? Trying to be hopeful :/

sent in my application early June, and my check was cashed ~6/23. Still waiting. I will probably get stuck in the QA at this rate. Do you guys think the QA might go faster in august if things are taking forever at this point, because more people are being delayed for boards? Trying to be hopeful :/

yeah probably, the results will probably be released around october...i looked at the april 2014 QA thread, those results were just released like a week or so ago. they waited 3 1/2 months. this coming QA will probably only take 2 months.

Are grad intern positions still something that we can apply for a this time while waiting to get licensed? Or at this point, do you guys think its more worth it to just get licensed and then apply for staff pharmacist positions?

So thankful I found this forum. I really thought I was the only one going through this dreadful process with the CA BOP. I am a recent out of state grad (score transferred naplex to get one exam out of the way) and I sent my application to the CA BOP on May 20th and received confirmation that they cashed my check on June 12th. On July 24th after calling and emailing I received a response back for the BOP stating that my application should be processed today (7/24/14) whatever that means. I was trying to avoid the upcoming QA in August but looks like I will be stuck in it. I actually don't have trouble reaching ppl when I call but I do call first thing in the morning. When I called last week a representative actually asked for my social and looked my application up and told me it would take another two weeks.

Last edited:

I'm hoping so my boss got stuck in QA in August when she took the cpje (two years ago) but told me the QA in August is normally faster than the one in the fall because more ppl will be testing.

Reactions: 1 user
anybody still waiting for ATT?

Board received app 6/20
check cashed 7/8

Havent received anything....

It took the BOP exactly 45 days from the date that my check was cashed to start processing my application. Once my application was processed I received my ATT a week later so a total of 53 days from the time that my check was cashed to when I actually received my ATT. Submitted application 5/20, checked cashed 6/12, received ATT 7/26

It took the BOP exactly 45 days from the date that my check was cashed to start processing my application. Once my application was processed I received my ATT a week later so a total of 53 days from the time that my check was cashed to when I actually received my ATT. Submitted application 5/20, checked cashed 6/12, received ATT 7/26
you took your cpje yet? the QA started 08/01....the board of pharmacy in california the horrible

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was sent on 5/5, got my ATT received on 5/24, took Naplex 7/5, passed 7/12. Took CPJE 7/11, still waiting for the results. Hope it helps someone who had questions regarding time line. Good luck to all of you

I mailed app 6/6, check cashed 6/27. Based on the data here I guess this means we'll be getting the ATT within a month

I mailed app 6/6, check cashed 6/27. Based on the data here I guess this means we'll be getting the ATT within a month
nothing here. when did they cash your check? mine was cashed on 7/8
you guys seriously havent gotten your att? when you mailed ur apps in early-mid june..that is straight up insane. when does the board expect people to get their license? last year i mailed mine in 6/15, check cashed out in like 3 days, took the naplex 7/19 cpje 7/31, got my cpje results 8/10. was on the east coast.

you guys seriously havent gotten your att? when you mailed ur apps in early-mid june..that is straight up insane. when does the board expect people to get their license? last year i mailed mine in 6/15, check cashed out in like 3 days, took the naplex 7/19 cpje 7/31, got my cpje results 8/10. was on the east coast.

yes this crazy. I tried calling the BOP, and they had a message that pretty much said don't email unless it's been 90 days since the app was submitted. wth are they doing?!

by the way, Rxglasshalffull, has your bf received his att yet?

yes this crazy. I tried calling the BOP, and they had a message that pretty much said don't email unless it's been 90 days since the app was submitted. wth are they doing?!

90 days?!!?!? sigh.........

yeah, he did. he was calling them multiple times a day for over a month. it was really tough, like you guys, you mailed in your apps months ago and seriously dont know what happened to them. its so hard to speak to a live person, they put you to a voicemail which doesn't allow you to leave a voicemail. for every 10 times my bf called, he might be able to speak to somebody that actually could help. it was extremely exhausting to wait for the att this year, that stuff is like gold. phew, scheduling is also a pain in the butt. so few spots in socal....he wanted to take the exams right after getting the att, but the center in our county is booked until september, so he booked somewhere 80 miles away

after his license is posted. we are DONE with the bop, except when i have to renew my pharmacist license this november =_=.

Last edited:
I'm from out of state. Submitted my app on 5/1/14 and I still hadn't heard a word. Does the board respond to emails?

I'm from out of state. Submitted my app on 5/1/14 and I still hadn't heard a word. Does the board respond to emails?

The only helpful person in the CA BOP is a male representative. If you call and a lady answers the phone forget it lol. On two separate occasions I gave the male representative my SSN and he was able to look up my file on the phone and give me a update. I am from out of state as well and submitted my app 5/22 and received my ATT on 7/29.

The only helpful person in the CA BOP is a male representative. If you call and a lady answers the phone forget it lol. On two separate occasions I gave the male representative my SSN and he was able to look up my file on the phone and give me a update. I am from out of state as well and submitted my app 5/22 and received my ATT on 7/29.

totally, hes helpful. i spoke to him a lot of times last year when i was applying for licensure. but then again, last year everyone was helpful. this year only he is helpful.

for those of you who went to school out of state, did anyone submit form 17a-16 verification of license in another state? my school state (IL) only sent in my intern hours, so I am expecting a deficiency letter soon. my classmates told me the CA BOP did acknowledge their IL hours,but now want form 17a-16 to verify the hours ANd license. however, IL BoP said they'll send in their own license verification form, and might not fill out form 17a-16. just wondering if anyone was in the same situation, and if CA BOp was willing to accept the hours and license verification without it being on form 17a-16

for those of you who went to school out of state, did anyone submit form 17a-16 verification of license in another state? my school state (IL) only sent in my intern hours, so I am expecting a deficiency letter soon. my classmates told me the CA BOP did acknowledge their IL hours,but now want form 17a-16 to verify the hours ANd license. however, IL BoP said they'll send in their own license verification form, and might not fill out form 17a-16. just wondering if anyone was in the same situation, and if CA BOp was willing to accept the hours and license verification without it being on form 17a-16

I was in the same situation. I graduated pharmacy school in Florida and the FL BOP does not fill out any forms such as form 17a-16 because they use their own forms and another agency to verify a license. I had the FL BOP verify my intern hours on their verification form and they mailed it directly to the CA BOP. In regards to the license verification, I requested my license verification from the health assurance agency in Florida (Not the FL BOP) and they mailed my verification in a sealed envelope directly to my home address. I then included the sealed envelope in my CA BOP licensure packet with a sticky note on stop informing the CA BOP that the envelope contained my license verification documents. Prior to mailing my application I emailed the CA BOP and they informed me that my state could send verification of intern hours and license verification on their own forms rather than the form 17a-16.

My application was accepted and processed and I received my ATT from the CA BOP on 7/29 and I did not submit a 17a-16 form. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was in the same situation. I graduated pharmacy school in Florida and the FL BOP does not fill out any forms such as form 17a-16 because they use their own forms and another agency to verify a license. I had the FL BOP verify my intern hours on their verification form and they mailed it directly to the CA BOP. In regards to the license verification, I requested my license verification from the health assurance agency in Florida (Not the FL BOP) and they mailed my verification in a sealed envelope directly to my home address. I then included the sealed envelope in my CA BOP licensure packet with a sticky note on stop informing the CA BOP that the envelope contained my license verification documents. Prior to mailing my application I emailed the CA BOP and they informed me that my state could send verification of intern hours and license verification on their own forms rather than the form 17a-16.

My application was accepted and processed and I received my ATT from the CA BOP on 7/29 and did not submit a 17a-16 form. Hope that helps :)

thank so much Pharmd_2014_B! that is great news because I was getting worried about the form! hopefully once I submit my license verification I'll be able to finally get my ATT.

thank so much Pharmd_2014_B! that is great news because I was getting worried about the form! hopefully once I submit my license verification I'll be able to finally get my ATT.

No problem I totally understand how you feel. It took so long for the CA BOP to process my application and at one point I was so depressed and anxious and I just knew I was about to receive a deficiency letter? With that said I never waited on the official letter from the CA BOP to schedule my CPJE (score transferred naplex scores so didn't have to worry about naplex) and I attempted to register for the exam daily with my SSN on the PSI site until it finally went through lol. I actually scheduled and took my CPJE two week prior to receiving the actual letter from the CA BOP. Test dates and sites fill up fast so make sure you keep checking periodically so that you can schedule your exams prior to receiving the letter in the mail.

Last edited:
anybody still waiting for ATT?

Board received app 6/20
check cashed 7/8

Havent received anything....

I submitted my application in early April and didn't receive my ATT until mid July, so it was a 3.5 months wait. I'm from out of state and am already licensed in 2 other states, never have I ever been this frustrated with the licensing process with any other state. You're not alone, hang in there and you will get through this long process :)

Still waiting.....I took the naplex almost 2 months ago because Massachusetts BOP was so much faster. Submitted the Cali app on 5/1/14. When will Cali att ever come?

Still waiting.....I took the naplex almost 2 months ago because Massachusetts BOP was so much faster. Submitted the Cali app on 5/1/14. When will Cali att ever come?

have you tried calling them? I called a few times today, and on the third try finally had a helpful lady who pulled up my file. she had a British accent. sent in my app early June, and finally received a deficiency letter this evening, way after my phone call

I called the BOP today and the lady told me that my application was approved yesterday and I will receive the ATT letter shortly. However, I tried logging onto the psi exam website to see if I could register to take the CPJE but it still says I can't. I tried using my SSN# where it says DCA_BPH_ID_Number. Is that normal to be able to not register until I receive the ATT letter?

You do not need to wait to get the ATT letter! Once I received approval to test via email, I tried to sign up using my SSN# that day. It didn't work at first, but I just keep trying every hour or so. Eventually it work after a couple hours. The Board sends an approval to PSI electronically so it just needs to update in their system.

I called the BOP today and the lady told me that my application was approved yesterday and I will receive the ATT letter shortly. However, I tried logging onto the psi exam website to see if I could register to take the CPJE but it still says I can't. I tried using my SSN# where it says DCA_BPH_ID_Number. Is that normal to be able to not register until I receive the ATT letter?

I called them today and the guy said that they mailed out the approval letter yesterday (Mine also cashed out on 7/8). However, I did not get any email from NABP for NAPLEX nor my status is changed to "Eligibility Granted" on the website. How long does it take to get ATT email from NABP once my application is approved? I also cannot register to take CPJE, either. :(

btw, hows your app coming along?
OH MY GOSH, I had some troubles with the intern hours.. I graduated school from PA and my school does not know how to send the stupid hours... sigh... so I had to contact my professors, preceptors and PA BOP, also. I already moved out from PA and lives in TX,... So it was very hard to contact with them only by emails and phone. I also have to send some forms to PA BOP and they had to send a form to CA bop. No one told me how to fix the problems except the one lady from CA BOP. I was very amazed by the lady who actually CALLED me.

Anyway, I called Ca BOP yesterday and the lady, Lita,(SHE GOT THE CALL!!) told me that she is going to approve me soon. Does anyone know when the status change?? I've been checking NABP like every hour but my status didn't change to 'eligibility granted' yet.......

Did anyone receive att recently? Like last week or so?

yes, my ATT letter was printed on 8/15, and I was able to log onto psi and register and schedule that same day. although I know a classmate who had to wait a few days for psi to work for him. I received CPJE bulletin in the mail today, 8/25

For NABP, my status changed to eligibility granted on 8/19, and then I received the email from pearsonvue on 8/21. hope that helps. my other 2 classmates had a similar timeframe too.

yes, my ATT letter was printed on 8/15, and I was able to log onto psi and register and schedule that same day. although I know a classmate who had to wait a few days for psi to work for him. I received CPJE bulletin in the mail today, 8/25

For NABP, my status changed to eligibility granted on 8/19, and then I received the email from pearsonvue on 8/21. hope that helps. my other 2 classmates had a similar timeframe too.

Thank u so much for letting me know the time frame. So i guess, though someone approves me, nabp status would not be changed immediately.... I guess i just have to be patient.. did u receive att letter thru mail?

Thank u so much for letting me know the time frame. So i guess, though someone approves me, nabp status would not be changed immediately.... I guess i just have to be patient.. did u receive att letter thru mail?
yep I received the ATT via mail on 8/19 or 8/20, and I live in the South Bay. My ATT letter stated that they notify nabp twice a month, so maybe that is the delay? Were you able to register for CPJE, or still waiting for that too?