-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by dpt-is-the-one-for-me
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
trainxchoo
Full Member
I got a email saying I am on the waitlist for Chapman Summer cohort. I'm in the 3rd tier out of 6 so I'd say I'm not getting in there this cycle 💩
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dpt_please
Full Member
how did you find out?I got a email saying I am on the waitlist for Chapman Summer cohort. I'm in the 3rd tier out of 6 so I'd say I'm not getting in there this cycle 💩
trainxchoo
Full Member
I just asked them what my place washow did you find out?
rejected by sac state
Who did you email to find out? The email to accept being on the waitlist or an admission counselor?I just asked them what my place was
did you meet their minimum GRE requirments?Got my first acceptance at MSMU (12/14). Didn’t get an email about it, I actually stumbled upon it on my MSMU admissions account. If you have applied to MSMU, you can make an account and they will already have your application on file.
How did you create an admissions account? I tried looking on the website but when it says to sign in on microsoft online, it won't recognize my email. Did you get an email confirmation that they received your application when you first submitted?Got my first acceptance at MSMU (12/14). Didn’t get an email about it, I actually stumbled upon it on my MSMU admissions account. If you have applied to MSMU, you can make an account and they will already have your application on file.
Same thing happened to me, no idea how to make an account. I do know that they don’t confirm applications because I emailed them awhile back and they said they don’t send any confirmation.How did you create an admissions account? I tried looking on the website but when it says to sign in on microsoft online, it won't recognize my email. Did you get an email confirmation that they received your application when you first submitted?
Congrats! When did you apply?I just got an acceptance into Mt St Mary’s. They just emailed me this morning
mmb_dpt
Full Member
Thanks! I will not be accepting it, so hopefully a spot clears up for someone else. I applied back in late OctoberCongrats! When did you apply?
I didn't realize that they had their own, separate application so I didn't complete that and it's probably too lateYes I had 155, 153, and 4.0. At info sessions they hint that if you are just below threshold (148, 149) in one category, you might be given a chance. Caveat is that rest of your app is strong and it does not hurt to reach out and convey interest.
When I look, it says "Awaiting" for all of my transcripts and PTCAS application.. did yours say the same?You’re fine don’t worry, It’s not a separate application. It’s just the portal for applicants/admitted students. You don’t need to use it, I was just being curious and made my account early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says the same thing? Also says I have an application fee of $51?When I look, it says "Awaiting" for all of my transcripts and PTCAS application.. did yours say the same?
kinesrocks
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from CSU Long Beach?
nopeHas anyone heard back from CSU Long Beach?
Did anyone JUST hear from Western that their application is under review? I submitted back in late August!
Nope. It says on their website "We will begin to notify those qualified applicants in the regular pool of their status beginning in mid-January" so I'll be anxiously waiting til then!Has anyone heard back from CSU Long Beach?
I emailed them. They said If you are accepted into the program, you will be notified by email and you will then need to submit official transcripts and pay a deposit at MSMU. So I think we disregard that account until we get accepted because then we will need to complete everything.Mine says “submitted” under “status” but doesn’t show specifics like transcripts, etc. You might wanna reach out to their graduate admission counselors to see if everything went through okay. They respond pretty quickly.
ptapplicant2020
New Member
Anyone that got accepted at MSMU, do you know when the deadline to put down a deposit is?
future_dpt!
New Member
Hi! I got an email letting me know of my status. I applied late September, and heard back late October.Did they email you? Where did they tell you about your status? I have not heard back from them at all. I applied in October
future_dpt!
New Member
I submitted late September!Hi! Congrats!! when did you submit your app?
I believe it depends on your application. I say this because my friend and I applied around the same time. I heard back within two weeks, did my interview, and got accepted within the next week and a half. During that whole time, my friend did not hear anything back. All she heard back was that it was completed and received. She does have lower stats than me though. So, it is just an assumption based on my experience that it might be due to your application as a whole?Did anyone JUST hear from Western that their application is under review? I submitted back in late August!
lha118
Full Member
When did you apply??I got accepted to Chapman's fall cohort yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
grats! how long ago did u interviewGot accepted to WesternU! Goodluck everyone!
September 1stWhen did you apply??
Got an interview for West Coast U but will most likely decline since I got into my top program 🙂 Hope this free up a spot for someone else!
Hi! I made it onto the waitlist at Samuel Merritt University. I'm within the first 10.. does anyone know if it is good to be in that range? :/ I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! But I am also so anxious!
Thank you! I interviewed December 2ndgrats! how long ago did u interview
YesAnyone else waiting to hear back from MSMU?
Ya😕 nothing yetAnyone else waiting to hear back from MSMU?
From the two emails I got, it said end of feb and then feb 26.Has anyone heard back from CSU Northridge? I’m trying to find out when they’ll send their offers of admission
I got the same emails but I was wondering if admitted applicants would be notified earlier. I feel like February it's a little bit too late!From the two emails I got, it said end of feb and then feb 26.
Yeah I get the feeling that although it says everyone will know by Feb. 26 that they’ll let people know a bit earlier if they got in. They’re notoriously late though and usually get lots of movement from the waitlist because of itI got the same emails but I was wondering if admitted applicants would be notified earlier. I feel like February it's a little bit too late!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emfuturedpt
Full Member
Congrats!! 🎉 I still haven’t heard from them yet. When did you apply and what were your stats?I got accepted to Chapman's fall cohort yesterday.
I haven’t heard from them either. One of my friends hasn’t heard for the summer cohort yet too.Congrats!! 🎉 I still haven’t heard from them yet. When did you apply and what were your stats?
I applied September 1st and here's my stats:Congrats!! 🎉 I still haven’t heard from them yet. When did you apply and what were your stats?
University: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 162 Q, 158 V, 4.0 AW
Observation Hours: 1,000 hours outpatient ortho; 32 hours outpatient ortho/sports medicine
LORs: 2PTs, 1 Professor
ECs: summa cum laude, dean’s list, Nu Rho Psi Neuroscience Honor Society, Women’s Interdisciplinary Society of Entrepreneurship- mentor, NUCALLS Culture and Language Learning Society for Spanish, CHAARG, NEURONS, Southbank Mosaics (volunteer), CPR cert, tutor
Research: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders and Lab of Wildlife Ecology and Behavior
Emfuturedpt
Full Member
Wow your stats are amazing !! 🤩I applied September 1st and here's my stats:
University: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 162 Q, 158 V, 4.0 AW
Observation Hours: 1,000 hours outpatient ortho; 32 hours outpatient ortho/sports medicine
LORs: 2PTs, 1 Professor
ECs: summa cum laude, dean’s list, Nu Rho Psi Neuroscience Honor Society, Women’s Interdisciplinary Society of Entrepreneurship- mentor, NUCALLS Culture and Language Learning Society for Spanish, CHAARG, NEURONS, Southbank Mosaics (volunteer), CPR cert, tutor
Research: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders and Lab of Wildlife Ecology and Behavior
Emfuturedpt
Full Member
Man 🙁. I wonder why they’re being so random with when they send acceptances.I haven’t heard from them either. One of my friends hasn’t heard for the summer cohort yet too.