california interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jane2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it pretty hopeless if the california schools are still holding my application? Is there any chance they might still want to interview me?

Members don't see this ad.

Jane2005 said:
Is it pretty hopeless if the california schools are still holding my application? Is there any chance they might still want to interview me?

Hi Jane. I just got an interview from UCLA today after having totally gave up on them. It was scheduled for next week.

Jane2005 said:

yep, still hope

I've posted this before, but I know a whole slew of UCSD med students. Many interviewed in April.

UCSD is my alma mater and I still didn't get their invite until late Jan or early Feb.

Luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
RaaMD said:
Hi Jane. I just got an interview from UCLA today after having totally gave up on them. It was scheduled for next week.
RaaMD, what was your stats? just wondering so i could compare myself and see if i have a chance. thanks homie!

UCSD is still sending invitations right now...however, they are booked solid until the third week of March, which makes it difficult for me to fly out from the East Coast...good luck!

Zomo33 said:
RaaMD, what was your stats? just wondering so i could compare myself and see if i have a chance. thanks homie!

yeah i'm interested too!
i have yet to hear back from any California schools (other than rejections) :( , so i'm still holding out hope for UCLA too...
(oh yeah, also, when did you complete at UCLA?)

Jane2005 said:

i go to ucla and havent heard from them. havent heard from uci either. got rejected from ucsf and ucsd. but got interview at davis 1/18 about a month ago..and when i called, there were only 2 interview days available. not as in 2 days ever like they will close their interviewing period after those 2 days, but for some reason thats all they offered me.

clarissa

Davis is almost done ~300/400 but there are still some to go...

Wilbury said:
Davis is almost done ~300/400 but there are still some to go...

Yup, there should be about another month of interviews from what I've heard.

Zomo33 said:
RaaMD, what was your stats? just wondering so i could compare myself and see if i have a chance. thanks homie![/QUOT

Hi Zomo 33. My stats are 3.90 GPA and 30R MCAT (10,10,10). With decent extracurricular activities. I go to small state school in Southern CA. I was complete at UCLA in November. Interesting to note was that I just received a rejection email from UC Davis shortly thereafter. I have also interviewed at UCI and was put on hold at UCSD and rejected by UCSF. Hope that helps!

LoneCoyote said:
Yup, there should be about another month of interviews from what I've heard.

Hey guys I just got an invite at UCDavis and I wanted to see if you know whether the class is full.

utterlyconfused said:
Hey guys I just got an invite at UCDavis and I wanted to see if you know whether the class is full.

When is your interview date? When are they offering interviews until? I thought they were going to end interviewing mid-March, but guess the fell behind again.

I'm interviewing at UC Davis next Tuesday (got the call last week), they told me they interview until the 31st (twice a week, tues. and thurs).

Just spoke to someone in the admissions office at UCI who said that the last of the interview invites will be sent by email by the end of this week. I'll just be glad to have the wait over, whatever the outcome!

finally...i've been on UCI pre-interview hold for months...does anyone know how full their class is?

DR DRE said:
finally...i've been on UCI pre-interview hold for months...does anyone know how full their class is?

Several students have told me that UCI is done interviewing. *shrug*

Last time I talked to them (2 weeks ago), UCI has accepted "a little over 100 people (around 120), for a entering class of 90