California Northstate Accreditation Discussion

Started by lakeboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's been an update to the Brazill vs. CNCP lawsuit, posted it in the thread here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=915119&page=3

Cliff notes: Judge denies CNCP's motion to dismiss, clears the way for the lawsuit to go to trial (or be settled by the university, either way... $$$$)

Full document here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/111088377/Brazill-v-CNCP-10-24-12

My random ass got lucky today...haha, I was looking for documents from September.
 
Random update - aka no update

Just thought I'd post in here that I'm still following a) developments with the Brazill lawsuit on PACER, b) scouring the biz journal articles by Kathy Robertson, and c) keeping lines open with my sources...

So far no new news...CPJE pass rates were released and CNCP did well (anyone know what review program they paid for?)

With the medical school on hold and all hands on deck for this accreditation cliff coming up, I'm getting a bit bullish and now believe the school will have a 75% of being accredited this coming June. If the school fixes these mystery deficiencies and shows that their class can pass licensing tests, it'd be a tough argument against granting it.

Just my thoughts, carry on. I'll update as needed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha yes they were girls, and yes they were cute...because they were so intelligent, hahaha.

But c'mon, it's pharmacy. The odds of you ending up talking to a cute female pharmacy student that goes to school in California = 100%. You know how it goes, us dudes are outnumbered!

Man, my hospital has mainly old people, I hate it. I guess its because most of the young girls prefer to work in the hospitals in Manhattan rather than out in the suburbs like me. Only hot girl in my pharmacy is the clinical pharmacist and she's married.
 
With the medical school on hold and all hands on deck for this accreditation cliff coming up, I'm getting a bit bullish and now believe the school will have a 75% of being accredited this coming June. If the school fixes these mystery deficiencies and shows that their class can pass licensing tests, it'd be a tough argument against granting it.

Agreed...the school only has to meet the accreditation standards, it doesn't have to exceed them.
 
There seems to be a lot less activity in the Northstate thread in the Pharmacy school specific forum. It's only 2 pages, while last years thread was 6pgs at this time.

I wonder if they took a hit in the number of applicants this year.
 
Not too much of an update today, but I raise my chances of the school getting accredited to 85% based on some knowledge of internal matters/effort I received over the past few days. Cannot disclose, of course, but it's not worth PMing me over.

On the residency end of things, it's a real mixed bag. Some of our applicants from CNCP aren't very impressive, yet there are a very few that will be invited to interviews and will be competitive with applicants from UOP, UCSF, and USC. We still have to do a lot of work to go through them, but they are there.

On the flip side, the letters of recommendation from their faculty members are almost useless. They're so inflated for every single student we can't discern their intent, whereas other programs seem to be more candid in their evaluation.
 
Has this school been shut down yet?! If not, it clearly needs to be. Their students have a bad reputation with a lot the preceptors in the area. Seems like the program will take anyone with a pulse. I'm amazed how a lot of their students even pass the interview phase.

I'm surprised that the CA board of pharmacy even allows their recent grads to practice.
 
Last edited:
Has this school been shut down yet?! If not, it clearly needs to be. Their students have a bad reputation with a lot the preceptors in the area. Seems like the program will take anyone with a pulse. I'm amazed how a lot of their students even pass the interview phase.

I'm surprised that the CA board of pharmacy even allows their recent grads to practice.

What kind of stories have you heard?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, June is just around the corner. Supposedly, that's when they'll review CNCP for full accreditation. I'm hoping that they get accredited. :luck:
 
Last edited:
So, June is just around the corner. Supposedly, that's when they'll review CNCP for full accreditation. I'm hoping that they get accredited. :luck:

3v183q.jpg


Full ACPE accreditation for California Northstate University College of Pharmacy has been granted as of June 2013.