California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't been on here in a while, been so BUSY and stressed out with our classes :scared: (hope you guys are ready for it!)

But I wish the best of luck to all of you, hope you all receive good news soon! :luck: Take care, try to relax and enjoy your summer!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank Twentytwelve2,

ya, me too..i am wondering how that works too.. they said, admco are two faculty, and they will look at each application

Two faculty? Wow, I always thought the adcom consisted of ever faculty/staff member who interviewed candidates.

Hey Ehm1! Thanks, I actually wish I can start pharmacy school right now! I am dying to see what the courses are like. They all sound so interesting! Medicinal chemistry, pharmacokinetics... ahh! Actually what I look forward to most is the IPPE's and becoming a pharmacist intern. :D

Last edited:
I cant come, to take classes:( :( :( ...dream wont come true for me:( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was informed that the adcom reviewed through the waitlist yesterday.. So if anyone recently got taken off the waitlist.. Could you please let me know? Thanks!

I was informed that the adcom reviewed through the waitlist yesterday.. So if anyone recently got taken off the waitlist.. Could you please let me know? Thanks!

oh wow thanks for letting us know!

:xf:fingers crossed for good news in the near future. lol

I've been on the wAitlist since October lol I'm dyin of waiting over here

I guess I'll go first: 4/20 Interview -> Waitlisted :(

I did not get a phone call; only an e-mail that was sent out today around 11:45AM PST.

I did not get a phone call; only an e-mail that was sent out today around 11:45AM PST.

4/20 Interview....WAITLISTED smdh....sigh urgh idk what to do...:(
just received an email today as well...sigh

me wailisted too.....wiatlist=rejection....Gail said they dont reject nobody....everybody gets waitlisted lol

Do waitlisted people from the 4/20 interview even have a chance for admission? SIGH :/

4/20 Interview....WAITLISTED smdh....sigh urgh idk what to do...:(
just received an email today as well...sigh

Oh man...no other other schools to go or was this your first choice?

Do waitlisted people from the 4/20 interview even have a chance for admission? SIGH :/

From what I read in this thread, I get the feeling that you're not really placed in a specific dated pool, but rather reevaluated when the time comes to fill newly opened spots.

Don't worry you guys... the tuition is extremely expensive so I am sure seats will open up. My expected payment from private loan is 99,000 dollars after one year.

Sigh.

Don't worry you guys... the tuition is extremely expensive so I am sure seats will open up. My expected payment from private loan is 99,000 dollars after one year.

Sigh.

What?! Can that be right?!

And on another note.. Any waitlisters hear back yet? I'm anxious to know if they've accepted anyone new..

Members don't see this ad :)

And on another note.. Any waitlisters hear back yet? I'm anxious to know if they've accepted anyone new..

Yes, the deterred method for Sallie Mae for mine was around that amount as well. I haven't accepted it yet, since I have not been accepted.

How did you know that the AdCom reviewed the wait list? Is the AdCom going to send the waitlisters an email informing if we're on the high waitlist or just the wait list? If I remembered correctly, the school website said that is done late June.

Last edited:
me wailisted too.....wiatlist=rejection....Gail said they dont reject nobody....everybody gets waitlisted lol

Waitlist is not equivalent to rejection. As posted on this forum, a couple people was pulled off the waitlist on February.

When was your interview? When did Gail say this? When I had my interview back in January, she said 2-4 weeks after the interview day, we would be notified if we were accepted, waitlisted, or denied, so it's possible to be denied.

Last edited:

I was shocked but unfortunately, there is no better alternative at this point. I also did not know we had to pay out of pocket an additional 5,000 dollars fee by June 18th as a seat commitment fee. I am very thankful my parents can aid me in this, I think the loan only covers tuition so this has to be paid by us.

If anyone knows any more information on this, please let me know.

Wish you all the best.

errrr....this school does deny applicants!! Me and another applicant interviewed at the same time we were in the same group and we decided to k.i.t.......she informed me that they denied her in february! i wont say who she is but i will say we interviewed in September. i am glad however that she got accepted into western university! oh and btw....twentytweleve2......the tuition is being broken down for us before school starts....they wanted $1500, then $5000, then 14,000=~$25,000 that is our tuition for the 1st semester *sheesh* a lot of $$$

Last edited:
its weird because every interview session all of us applicants are being told something different.....we were the first to be interviewed and they told us that we ( all 75 of us) will more that likely get accepted before waitlisted leaving ~28 seats but i guess a story comes with every interview : /
Well goodluck to all!

Last edited:
errrr....this school does deny applicants!! Me and another applicant interviewed at the same time we were in the same group and we decided to k.i.t.......she informed me that they denied she her in february! i wont say who she is but i will say we interviewed in September. i am glad however that she got accepted into western university! oh and btw....twentytweleve2......the tuition is being broken down for us before school starts....they wanted $1500, then $5000, then 14,000=~$25,000 that is our tuition for the 1st semester *sheesh* a lot of $$$
I apologize for being unclear in my post, Rphbound. What I meant was that the loan would not go into effect until August, and that we are required to make a 5,000 deposit by June 18th, so this money has to come from our pockets rather than the loan.

I apologize for being unclear in my post, Rphbound. What I meant was that the loan would not go into effect until August, and that we are required to make a 5,000 deposit by June 18th, so this money has to come from our pockets rather than the loan.

No i know what you meant....im just saying can you believe all that money that has to come out of pocket!....even as it is broken down!! .that why im preety sure some people may possibly turn down offer:eek:

oh and i thought that the 5G's was due july1:confused:

oh and i thought that the 5G's was due july1:confused:
Oh haha :D I was surprised when I saw we had to pay another 5,000 because they never told us this.
Here is a copy of the PDF file:
NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS AFTER SEAT OFFER:
$ 1,500 ENROLLMENT CONFIRMATION FEE
NO LATER THAN JUNE 18, 2012:
$ 5,000 SEAT COMMITMENT FEE
NO LATER THAN JULY 16, 2012:
$14,505 BALANCE OF FALL TUITION, STUDENT ASSOCIATION,
ORIENTATION, AND PHARMACY INTERN LICENSING FEES;
$ 104 STRF IF APPLICABLE CALIFORNIA RESIDENT;
$ 2,389 ESTIMATED STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM IF CHOSEN;
PLUS COST OF BOOKS/SUPPLIES/EQUIPMENT (see first page)

Oh haha :D I was surprised when I saw we had to pay another 5,000 because they never told us this.

Gosh no later than June 18? I guess the school wants to double check if the accepted people are still interested so that the AdCom can begin pulling people off the wait list.

my payment fee schedule must be diffrent from yours, mine is due july1 or the following business day if that date falls on a weekend or holiday. another thing is i saw somewhere that we have to be there by august 6 to register for classes :eek:

Wait? Where are you guys hearing all of this? $5000 by June and tuition by July? I got accepted and I haven't heard any of this. I mean I paid the $1500 to reserve my seat, But I have not heard any of the other stuff? Was there another email? All I know was to get my immunizations done and send transcripts. And last time I heard we have to be there like mid August for orientation not the beginning. Why are people hearing different things?

Wait? Where are you guys hearing all of this? $5000 by June and tuition by July? I got accepted and I haven't heard any of this. I mean I paid the $1500 to reserve my seat, But I have not heard any of the other stuff? Was there another email? All I know was to get my immunizations done and send transcripts. And last time I heard we have to be there like mid August for orientation not the beginning. Why are people hearing different things?
people arent hearing different things it was sent via email to us. in addition to getting your immunizations and background check done, you should have recieved an email packaged with pdf's for enrollment agreement (that where you will find your tuition fee schedule), ,school performance fact sheet,general catalog, 14 day enrollment, and acceptance letter enrollment. then you should have also been sent school schedule and you actually have to be there august 6-15 for registration if you register during orientation it will be considered late registration. orientation 13-17, class starts 20th. in the pdf for enrollment shows your tuition fee schedule and when you have to pay your $5000!!! you dont want to miss any important deadlines so double check

Last edited:

Is there anyone that has not heard back yet from the 4/20 interview ? I had my interview that day but no news yet.

Is there anyone that has not heard back yet from the 4/20 interview ? I had my interview that day but no news yet.

On that day, one of the speakers said it would take 2~4 weeks for a response. Maybe they're taking a more serious look at your application? Also, possibly for the others and me, it was an easier choice to put us on the waitlist? Who knows...

OT: From what I gather, Admin at this school is a funny one. Just on the waitlist alone, no ranks, no indications...nothing; not even a singular straight story from them. On top of that, I only had five hours to respond to their interview invite on 4/13 via e-mail. Yeah...FIVE FLIPPIN' HOURS! If my e-mails were not linked up to my smartphone, I would have missed this invite for sure.

Thank you for the reply!
BTW, did you apply to any other schools? I got accepted to Touro but
really want to go to Northstate for convenience. I already paid the deposit
for Touro tho, hoping to hear back soon.

On that day, one of the speakers said it would take 2~4 weeks for a response. Maybe they're taking a more serious look at your application? Also, possibly for the others and me, it was an easier choice to put us on the waitlist? Who knows...

OT: From what I gather, Admin at this school is a funny one. Just on the waitlist alone, no ranks, no indications...nothing; not even a singular straight story from them. On top of that, I only had five hours to respond to their interview invite on 4/13 via e-mail. Yeah...FIVE FLIPPIN' HOURS! If my e-mails were not linked up to my smartphone, I would have missed this invite for sure.

Your interview invite was pretty late. They probably had some candidates decline their interview invites, and so they had to find new interview candidates quickly. Which explains the 5 hours notice.

Thank you for the reply!
Congrats! ^^ Btw, from the people who posted their results. I noticed a solid pattern; those who got accepted to Touro were w/l at Northstate and vice versa. I find that strange haha.

Thank you! Congrats to you too!
I also noticed the Touro/northstate w/l & acceptance pattern the other day.

For those who have been accepted to northstate and are
for sure attending, when does everyone plan on moving to the area?

Thank you! Congrats to you too!
I also noticed the Touro/northstate w/l & acceptance pattern the other day.

For those who have been accepted to northstate and are
for sure attending, when does everyone plan on moving to the area?

Im thinking to move there by the first week of august, get settled in and ready for school! Also I am considering buy a car when Im there, as it seems necessary for pharmacy students to have cars

Anyone out there from 4/20 interview that heard
back today. I emailed Gail......no reply so far.

Anyone out there from 4/20 interview that heard
back today. I emailed Gail......no reply so far.

I was interviewed on 4/20 and recently received an email saying I was on the high waitlist. Time to play the waiting game!

I was interviewed on 4/20 and recently received an email saying I was on the high waitlist. Time to play the waiting game!

Congrats, that's close to an acceptance! :)

Has anyone from the earlier interview dates received an email? I hope I am on the high wait list too!

Your email actually mentioned you being high waitlisted? I interviewed 4/6 and my email didn't say anything about high or low waitlist. I guess I should just assume mine is low then .. =\

I am from 4/20 interview and mine said "high wait listed " also . Wonder if it's because I am
Local? Anyone else out there receive the same email ?

Are we suppose to get started on all the stuff it listed on there, even tho we are on the wait list? Anyone have any advice?

I am from 4/20 interview and mine said "high wait listed " also . Wonder if it's because I am
Local? Anyone else out there receive the same email ?

Are we suppose to get started on all the stuff it listed on there, even tho we are on the wait list? Anyone have any advice?

for the most part make sure all of your immunizations are up to date, apply for the loans, and be prepared to send your transcripts out:thumbup:

Your email actually mentioned you being high waitlisted? I interviewed 4/6 and my email didn't say anything about high or low waitlist. I guess I should just assume mine is low then .. =\

Hmm. I really think they are now categorizing waitlisters into high and "normal" so I think you will get an updated email sometimes soon. Cross your fingers!!

Thank you for the reply!

Yeah, I applied to a handful of schools, but mostly got rejected, especially by Touro CA. Congratulations on your acceptance though!

Same here, and I was in the 4/20 interview! Here's the first few paragraphs of my notification from this school:
Gail Kubat said:
Thank you for your participation in the admission interview session at California Northstate University's College of Pharmacy. Although you have met our initial criteria, the Admissions Committee has elected to offer you a place on our candidate wait list. Your status has been changed to "Waitlist" on the PharmCas portal as a result of this decision.

Candidates who have been placed on the wait list are reviewed periodically and many are subsequently offered acceptance into the class at a later date. This acceptance may occur anytime up to and including the first few days of the fall semester. [Commentary: what??!? whoa!!]

Notification will be sent to all wait list candidates once the class has reached full capacity, and those not accepted will have their PharmCas admission status changed to deny. This typically occurs after the first day of class. If this does occur, we highly recommend you strengthen your application and reapply during the next application period. In the past, many wait list candidates who have done this have successfully gained admission.

Last edited:
Did your email contain a list if things to do like- shots, loans, background etc?
Are you local? Wonder why we were put on "high wait list"?

high wait list??? when i received the email, i was so upset i deleted it....i didnt read it....where in the email said high waitlist looool

the next day I recieved an email about shots and stuff...i deleted that as well,,,,why do i care about shots, if i am on the waitlist

many successful candidates who replied got in ??next year??if they didnt get me in this???they probably wont next year...why reapplying...???

Did your email contain a list if things to do like- shots, loans, background etc?
Are you local? Wonder why we were put on "high wait list"?

It's definitely not because you're local...
Are you going to do all those things mentioned?

Yeah I guess I will, but I got a final next week and still need to take speech in summer. Are you going to do those things as well?

many successful candidates who replied got in ??next year??if they didnt get me in this???they probably wont next year...why reapplying...???

They're just trying to give tips for the future if things don't go as planned! Don't give up, you're on the waitlist and that's SO much better than getting rejected. And Gail says they usually go deep within the waitlist so keep your hopes up!

It said it in the subject and the introduction- something to the effect of "congrats on your selection as high wait list candidate....blah blah blah"

Did anymore 4/20 interviewees hear back yet?

I'm not sure how this waitlist thing goes, so I might just wait? I think I am up to date with shots anyways so I am not worried about getting all those things done. Yeah I have a final as well next week, good luck!