New Member
Apr 23, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
The last post I can find about this is inactive since 2013, so wanted to ask people who are licensed in California or trying to get licensed in Cali more recently, about the substance abuse course requirement. I have education in substance abuse, but it was either part of a larger course or hands on experience on practicum/internship; neither of these satisfy the Cali requirement to take a 15 hour length course with accredited university specifically in substance abuse. I've completed all the other reqs through CE4Less, so this is all that remains.

The only option I can find that BOP will accept is a pretty expensive online course through Alliant, and a workshop once a year at Pepperdine - but I live in the bay area. Does anyone know of any other options? I've heard the VA I work for offers a course in the spring for trainees, but I want to finish my reqs as soon as possible since I'm a staff member and the clock is ticking to get licensed. Thanks in advance!


Full Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
JFK University. Pricey, but that was the only one I could find at the time that was approved and can be taken anytime.
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.