Louisiana oral licensure exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hannahrose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am New York State license clinical psychologist, seeking licensure in Louisiana. I can’t find any information on the oral exam here or on the board’s website I would really appreciate any insight or feedback from anyone familiar with the exam. I have no idea what to study!

Members don't see this ad.

I am New York State license clinical psychologist, seeking licensure in Louisiana. I can’t find any information on the oral exam here or on the board’s website I would really appreciate any insight or feedback from anyone familiar with the exam. I have no idea what to study!
It's been years, but I would make sure I was up to speed on some basic differential diagnostic principles relevant to differentiating major diagnostic categories, i.e., building blocks of mood disorders (manic/hypomanic/mixed) episodes, differentiating between psychotic disorders and MDD/bipolar vs. schizoaffective. Many boards will present you with details of a hypothetical case and ask you to make such a differential. I'd also be ready to have an answer to the question, 'why are you in Louisiana (lol)?' They also have (or had) a multiple choice jurisprudence exam relevant to Louisiana laws pertaining to the practice of psychology.

Reactions: 1 user