Louisiana oral licensure exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hannahrose

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am New York State license clinical psychologist, seeking licensure in Louisiana. I can’t find any information on the oral exam here or on the board’s website I would really appreciate any insight or feedback from anyone familiar with the exam. I have no idea what to study!
 
I am New York State license clinical psychologist, seeking licensure in Louisiana. I can’t find any information on the oral exam here or on the board’s website I would really appreciate any insight or feedback from anyone familiar with the exam. I have no idea what to study!
It's been years, but I would make sure I was up to speed on some basic differential diagnostic principles relevant to differentiating major diagnostic categories, i.e., building blocks of mood disorders (manic/hypomanic/mixed) episodes, differentiating between psychotic disorders and MDD/bipolar vs. schizoaffective. Many boards will present you with details of a hypothetical case and ask you to make such a differential. I'd also be ready to have an answer to the question, 'why are you in Louisiana (lol)?' They also have (or had) a multiple choice jurisprudence exam relevant to Louisiana laws pertaining to the practice of psychology.