"Call of recommendation"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boef

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

one of the attendings (also a LoR writer) that I met during one of my last rotations is willing to call his colleagues at other institutions to recommend me for their program. He is now asking me when would be the best time to call up his friends/colleagues to recommend me, but I'm not sure when would be the best time: next week, after Oct 1st (when MSPE comes in) or later?

Thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

one of the attendings (also a LoR writer) that I met during one of my last rotations is willing to call his colleagues at other institutions to recommend me for their program. He is now asking me when would be the best time to call up his friends/colleagues to recommend me, but I'm not sure when would be the best time: next week, after Oct 1st (when MSPE comes in) or later?

Thanx!

Save this in your pocket for later. Wait to see if you get interviews from those places first. If there are one or two programs you don't hear from that you really want, then ask him to make those calls.

But when this will really be money is when you get to ranking time. Get him to call your top 1 or 2 programs then.

thanks. so that would be around end of oct/nov then I guess? (for interviews)