Can a D in an introductory biology course get my application screened out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken several upper-level biology courses where I have scored A- and above. I don't have any course where I scored below a B. Can i still apply this cycle and be successful? I got a D in gen bio 1 and a B in gen bio 2.

Is my only chance of getting successful this cycle by putting down that I'm planning on retaking gen bio 1? Is that the only way to prevent my application from being screened out?

Members don't see this ad.

Does that mean I cannot apply this cycle in that case? Would it help if I disclose retaking the course in september during my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a minimum GPA for prerequisite classes for some dental schools, make sure to do your research on individual schools you are considering. You don't want to send your application out to a school where they're not even going to look at your application because of the low grade. You may also want to reach out to individual schools and ask questions, their policy may be different school to school

Reactions: 1 user