Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
OMS3 here. Came in wanting to do Radiology but at this point haven't done anything notable. No red flags, but no research or other ECs. I really hate the research/twitter/networking game. I spent 6-7 months on a research project and it went nowhere. I'm an older student with a family and have no will or desire to do those things. I just want to work hard, learn medicine and do very well on Step 2, and then practice community medicine after residency. Don't need an academic program or a desirable city.
With the current climate, can a DO still match DR in a community program in the midwest/northeast (something like Kettering, Christiana Care, Allegheny tier) by just having a 260+ Step 2, good letters, and doing a few away rotations? From what I understand this was pretty normal until just a couple of years ago.
Thanks in advance.
@Ho0v-man
@Neopolymath
OMS3 here. Came in wanting to do Radiology but at this point haven't done anything notable. No red flags, but no research or other ECs. I really hate the research/twitter/networking game. I spent 6-7 months on a research project and it went nowhere. I'm an older student with a family and have no will or desire to do those things. I just want to work hard, learn medicine and do very well on Step 2, and then practice community medicine after residency. Don't need an academic program or a desirable city.
With the current climate, can a DO still match DR in a community program in the midwest/northeast (something like Kettering, Christiana Care, Allegheny tier) by just having a 260+ Step 2, good letters, and doing a few away rotations? From what I understand this was pretty normal until just a couple of years ago.
Thanks in advance.
@Ho0v-man
@Neopolymath