Can anyone attend school on h-4 without changing the visa to F-1???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrcanine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I am on H-4 visa status right now.My greencard is in the process.Now if I get the admission,do I need to change my visa to F-1 or will it be ok with H-4

How long does it take to change the status from H-4 to F1 if I have to change???

Anyone who know about this stuff,Please reply.Ur help is appretiated.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

mrcanine said:
Hi friends,
I am on H-4 visa status right now.My greencard is in the process.Now if I get the admission,do I need to change my visa to F-1 or will it be ok with H-4

How long does it take to change the status from H-4 to F1 if I have to change???

thanks in advance.
\im not too sure... but ive read similar posts... if u do a search or look in links of interest to foreign dentists... i think ull get ure answer....
anyway as far as my knowledge goes if ure on a H4 and applied for green card means that u want to settle down here and become a permanent resident.. if u convert to a F 1 mean its a student visa , just to study and then go back...( non immigrant visa).. so its a kinda conflicting situation...
i think u can study on an H4 , u dont have to convert to an f1...

mrcanine said:
Hi friends,

thanks in advance.
Hi
if yr green card is in process then not need to convert in F1 visa ,u can do study on H4 visa

Members don't see this ad :)
mrcanine said:
Hi friends,

thanks in advance.

Yep, H-4 is fine,

rahmed

Thanks a lot to everyone of u.

So the bottom line is, I can study on H-4 and get the private loans for my education expences.......is it so??????

Did anyone join the schools this year on H-4 without changing to F-1????

mrcanine said:

So the bottom line is, I can study on H-4 and get the private loans for my education expences.......is it so??????

HI mrcanine
Did you get into ucsf??
I remember you were on the waiting list
so did you get the good news??
was just curious if you are going to be my classmate

mrcanine said:

YES YOU CAN..I HAVE DONE THE SAME!!

nimeshshingala said:
HI mrcanine
Did you get into ucsf??
I remember you were on the waiting list
so did you get the good news??
was just curious if you are going to be my classmate

Hi nimesh,
I am not lucky yet and lost hopes now.Thanks a lot for ur concern and remembering me.
I Was asking the info for a friend of mine who got into NYU.

regards.