Can Emory's 2 year MPH be done in 1 year?

Started by teslaph
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teslaph

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its 2 years officially I believe, but I see some 1 year MPHs from Hopkins and Harvard with 2 years experience or being a med student. If I apply to Emory btw 3rd and 4th year of medical school, can I do it in one year just like all the other 1 year MPH programs?
 
Its 2 years officially I believe, but I see some 1 year MPHs from Hopkins and Harvard with 2 years experience or being a med student. If I apply to Emory btw 3rd and 4th year of medical school, can I do it in one year just like all the other 1 year MPH programs?

Don't they have an accelerated program?
 
There is an accelerated program, but it is for 3 semesters instead of 4. I don't think it's possible to do Emory's program in 1 year.
 
The Health Policy and Management department offers a one year program. Emory's dual MD/MPH program offers the MPH portion as a 1 year program for MD students. I'm not sure if that option is open to students from other med schools.