Medical Can I designate very recent experiences as most significant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So originally, I wanted to include a scribing experience, a volunteering experience as a Spanish interpreter for a low-income clinic, and my experience as a Physics lab TA as I think it shows some academic prowess and quantitative skills. I recently finished a short stint as a contact tracer for COVID19 in which I actively talk to patients, and carry out an investigation. I applied the skills I learned in the two previously mentioned experiences, as many were Spanish speaking agrarian migrant workers, and the ability to get a history from the patients (similar to medical history I saw while scribing).

This experience only lasted 4 weeks for a total of 154 hours, and it was recently completed. I think it was very significant, especially in the scope of my application (help disadvantaged communities) but I am worried the experience is too recent/ short. I am thinking about replacing the TA experience.

What are your opinions?
That's fine. If it's most significant to you, who is anyone to say otherwise?

Members don't see this ad.

It's up to you. If you think you can talk about it more in an interview I would add it (especially now with the pandemic currently going on). I am not sure how much you can have a conversation about being a TA. "Yeah, I helped some kids learn some physics." I feel that is going to be the extent to which you can talk about that, plus it isn't that unique. The COVID testing experience is a better experience in my opinion because it's more clinical, you are helping out the public, and it shows you are willing to put yourself out there when the public health is at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.