Medical Can I drop my minor after having applied to medical schools and will they need to be updated? Does it matter at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Biology major and a double minor in Religion and Psychology- I'm one class away from the Psych. minor, but I can't take any classes I'm interested in- can I drop the minor? Do minors matter for anything, really, especially admissions? If I do drop it, will I need to go and alert all the medical schools I applied to?

It won't affect you. But if you're one class away, why not pick something that even if you're not as interested in, you can learn from? It's not like youre picking a major you aren't interested in, or even a minor - you're a single class away, and you're interested in psych enough to declare it from the beginning - so yea... that's my question for you. Why not just taken any other psych class to complete it?

Otherwise, again, it won't affect you.
Solely because I'm interested in two other classes- if I drop the minor, I can take both my last semester of college. If I keep the minor, I can only take one :(

Members don't see this ad.

Adcoms don't care about majors or minors, only that you do well.
And assuming you finish a degree (some undergraduate institutions require a major and minor for degree conferral). At least, my institutions have boilerplate language that degree completion is required unless otherwise approved in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.