can I finish pre-req the following summer of applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that a lot of people continue to take courses the fall (and also spring of the next year) after applying, to complete their pre-reqs. Since interviews stop at the end of spring the next year, does anyone know if we are allowed to finish one last pre-req that summer (after we receive acceptance). has anyone done this?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools usually do not allow any courses to be taken the summer right before matriculation (right before you start). They usually have a certain date that all courses/pre-reqs must be taken by (usually like June 30th or something similar). I would seriously and highly recommend against taking a class that summer and would instead bump it up to that spring or that fall.

Reactions: 1 user
I would strongly advise not to take required courses, or any course for that matter, the summer dental school starts. Not only do most schools have a deadline for final transcripts, many dental schools start as early as July.