Can i get away with not putting human anatomy and physiology as bcpm if its for sports medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrooks13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When i first started college i took
SPMD 201: human anatomy for sports medicine
SPMD 202: human physiology for sports medicine
I got C's in both of these classes

I changed my major to biology and before i graduated i took the regular human and physiology classes in the BIO department
BIO 251: human anatomy and physiology 1
BIO 252: Human anatomy and physiology 2

I don't want to classify SPMD as BCPM because this will actually hurt my science GPA since i got C's, but i want to classify the ones i took in the BIO department as BCPM since i got A's in them.
If i don't put BCPM for the two SPMD courses, will they change it later to BCPM?
hopefully not

Members don't see this ad.

When i first started college i took
SPMD 201: human anatomy for sports medicine
SPMD 202: human physiology for sports medicine
I got C's in both of these classes

I changed my major to biology and before i graduated i took the regular human and physiology classes in the BIO department
BIO 251: human anatomy and physiology 1
BIO 252: Human anatomy and physiology 2

I don't want to classify SPMD as BCPM because this will actually hurt my science GPA since i got C's, but i want to classify the ones i took in the BIO department as BCPM since i got A's in them.
If i don't put BCPM for the two SPMD courses, will they change it later to BCPM?
hopefully not
according to aamc course classification, you would most likely get away with marking sport medicine related classes as HEAL. the fact that the course literally has "sports medicine" in the title makes it pretty unlikely aamc will change it.

Reactions: 1 user
I put a nursing course as a HEAL, but they reclassified it and put it as BCPM. You can try, but they reserve the right to change it if they want. YMMV

Members don't see this ad :)
I put a nursing course as a HEAL, but they reclassified it and put it as BCPM. You can try, but they reserve the right to change it if they want. YMMV
you can appeal a reclassification and justify why the original was correct too, just fyi

Reactions: 1 user