This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clover818

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in a really small border town, and there are no vet clinics. For volunteer work, I applied in a vet clinic in the nearest town. However, I come from México, I live really close by, and I go there very often. In the border town of México, there is a zoo, a variety of vet clinics, and many ranches. Will it be alright if I get work experience from México? Or should I just stick to the volunteering in the vet clinic in the other town?

Some additional information:

*It's my 1st year in college

*Planning to apply in U.C Davis (CA), Western University of Health Sciences (CA), Midwestern University (AZ), Colorado State University (CO), and University of Florida (FL). I think I will also apply in Mexican vet schools, just in case.
 
I live in a really small border town, and there are no vet clinics. For volunteer work, I applied in a vet clinic in the nearest town. However, I come from México, I live really close by, and I go there very often. In the border town of México, there is a zoo, a variety of vet clinics, and many ranches. Will it be alright if I get work experience from México? Or should I just stick to the volunteering in the vet clinic in the other town?

Some additional information:

*It's my 1st year in college

*Planning to apply in U.C Davis (CA), Western University of Health Sciences (CA), Midwestern University (AZ), Colorado State University (CO), and University of Florida (FL). I think I will also apply in Mexican vet schools, just in case.
Yes you can. I included volunteer experience from a zoo in the Caribbean on my VMCAS app and didn’t have any issues.