Can i get in with 3.0 sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simple question.. 3.3 oGPA, 22 DAT, i have my PS ready, LORs ready, and ive volunteered and shadowed 150+ hours each. I have leadership (President of Pre-Dent Club, etc..) Im applying early in June and im just nervous about my sGPA. Im also applying to 15+ schools, but would like any help on schools that are known to accept people with low sGPAs?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Simple question.. 3.3 oGPA, 22 DAT, i have my PS ready, LORs ready, and ive volunteered and shadowed 150+ hours each. I have leadership (President of Pre-Dent Club, etc..) Im applying early in June and im just nervous about my sGPA. Im also applying to 15+ schools, but would like any help on schools that are known to accept people with low sGPAs?

Thank you!
You chances are pretty low. I think your best shots are the newer schools and the more expensive schools (USC nyu bu etc)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's definitely doable.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your grades in your prerequisites? Have you taken any upper division Sciences? Any upward trend?

What are your grades in your prerequisites? Have you taken any upper division Sciences? Any upward trend?
Huge upward trend. My first semester i had a 2.3, and my second semester was a 2.9. A in Bio 1/2, B/C+ in chem 1/2, A/B in Ochem 1/2, and a B in physics. A in cell and Molecular, embryology, molecular biology, ecology, and physics 2 I’m taking this summer.