Can i get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ITW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated May 2012 with BA in Biology 3.27 overall GPA, 2.9 science GPA

I need to return this fall to complete O Chem / Physics / Stats

No MCAT - I'll take a Princeton Review spring 2014

In the meantime I volunteer at a free clinic twice a week, teach ESL classes, and volunteer citizenship classes - hope to find an internship

I live in the state of TX

Shooting for the stars, I'll apply to all TX MD schools, all DO schools nationally, and I feel most competitive at Saint George's or Ross.

Do I have a shot at getting in anywhere, assuming I 4.0 all my post bac work, and score 27+ on my MCAT / what else should I be doing to become more competitive?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you get your science GPA over a 3.0, score >27 on MCAT, and apply to Texas DO, you should stand a chance.

Agreed. Get your sGPA over 3.0. Get a 27+ on the MCAT. At that point you should have a chance at TCOM for sure and a number of other DO schools. MD is going to be very difficult for you but hey, it's Texas, who knows. Aim really high with that MCAT and see what happens. Oh and forget about SGU and Ross forever.

You are not compettive for any MD program. You'll need to get the sGPA > 3.0

You're very competitive for Carribean because you're breathing and can write an up-front tuition check. You can do better.

Graduated May 2012 with BA in Biology 3.27 overall GPA, 2.9 science GPA

I need to return this fall to complete O Chem / Physics / Stats

No MCAT - I'll take a Princeton Review spring 2014

In the meantime I volunteer at a free clinic twice a week, teach ESL classes, and volunteer citizenship classes - hope to find an internship

I live in the state of TX

Shooting for the stars, I'll apply to all TX MD schools, all DO schools nationally, and I feel most competitive at Saint George's or Ross.

Do I have a shot at getting in anywhere, assuming I 4.0 all my post bac work, and score 27+ on my MCAT / what else should I be doing to become more competitive?

Thanks in advance!