can I get into a do school with a low gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zzz00

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My gpa is 2.8. I had an upward trend in my last year (4.0= senior year) and my MCAT score is 520. I’ve had one year of research experience, 120 hrs of shadowing and a year of clinical experience. Do I have any chance at all to get into one do school? if not, what should I do to increase my chances?
 
I think you can with DO schools. You could try applying the way you are one year and if it doesn't work, apply to a Master's (MPH) at once of these DO schools to increase your GPA, and then you either automatically get in, or you reapply with your higher GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My gpa is 2.8. I had an upward trend in my last year (4.0= senior year) and my MCAT score is 520. I’ve had one year of research experience, 120 hrs of shadowing and a year of clinical experience. Do I have any chance at all to get into one do school? if not, what should I do to increase my chances?
Read this: