Can I get into dental school with these scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serenade7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new around here. I just took the DAT today for the first time and got:

PAT: 23
QR: 23
RC: 24
Bio: 18
GC: 20
OC: 17
TS: 18
AA: 20

GPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.12

My DAT science scores are pretty low and my science GPA is pretty low too. Do you think I should retake the DAT and try to get 20+ on the sciences in order to get into a dental school? I'm local to Pennsylvania and I'm aiming for Temple.

Are there any other schools you suggest that I could get into with my GPA and DAT scores? I'm also pretty interested in UoP because of how good a school I've heard it is and the 3-year program is also appealing. I don't mind getting in extra debt to go to a California school if it means I can get away from home!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Well obviously 20s on the DAT would be better but your scores are not too bad. I'm sure lots of schools would look at you but yes the science GPA will probably hurt your chances more than your DAT scores. Not bad for a first go around though! Congrats

Congrats on the scores! It's kind of hard to say whether or not anyone will get into dental school just by looking at the numbers. It's a lot based on how strong the general applicant pool is in a given year and how much an applicant stands out from the rest (perhaps in extra curricular activities).

Looking at your scores and GPA, I think you have a fair shot at getting into some state dental schools. I won't lie though, the science GPA will hurt you a tad, but I think your DAT scores will balance that out. Congrats on successfully completing the DAT! Good luck with the application process!