Can I put a deposit on multiple schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osugirl2021

Reaction score
I am interested in 2 schools at the moment and will have the last part of the interview for one of them this coming week. If I get in, I will have two acceptance offers. I was wondering if I can put a deposit on both schools until I decide. The other factor in my situation is I am holding out for a different school that is my top choice, but have not even received an interview yet. I don't want this to affect my chances at my top choice, but at the same time I want to have options if I can't get accepted to my top choice :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! This is what I'm doing as well, and I think its common to do so (if financially feasible). Some schools refund partial deposit prior to a certain date and some deposits are nonrefundable so I would check with the school about their policies. I have been told that sometime around March, other schools will be able to see where all you have given deposits. Hope that helps!