Can I redo my pre-req's or should I do a post-bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lordress

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a pre-dent and gen studies major. Graduated and I Did not do so well. I took some classes at cc

Biol I+II A
Chem I B
Chem II A
O Chem I C
O chem II B
A&P I C
A&P II B
Physics I B
Physics II C
Stats B
Calc C
Micro A
Ecology C

Also took one adv biol class- animal behavior and got a B :( withdrew from calc and org II the first time. I'm thinking of retaking all pre-req's bc I dont remember or know the science and math problem on DAT. I kinda cheated on ochem to pass . I'm getting my master in education and will teach Biology.

So should I retake my pre-req's to boost my gpa and knowledge for the test or do an informal post bacc with upper lvl science and retake classes where I have a C?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the bigger issue is why you have more Bs and Cs than you do As in the science courses you listed above. Personally, I feel like redoing all of your pre-reqs again would be a waste of time since that would be another 2 years of your life you'd be throwing away. You can honestly study for and score well on the DAT if you focused on it for one to two months since its just a standardized test that emphasizes "breadth over depth". Sure, it would help your GPA, but I think you could still probably get in if you did well in a post-bacc program and really killed it. Also, should you decide to retake ANY of those courses, you better get an A in them since it's your second time taking them.

EDIT: Why would you get a Masters in Education? If you were truly serious about strengthening your application, you would be in a different program taking upper level science courses to show that.

Last edited: