Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Can I Send in LORs after I submitted my primary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by bbos, Aug 10, 2015.

1. bbos

7+ Year Member

I recently finished a summer course, and depending on the grade I receive, I will ask for a LOR from the professor,

The only thing is grades won't be available until Aug 19th.

Is it possible for me to submit my primary app with 2 LORs and send the 3rd one in once it is available after the primary app has already been submitted?

much thanks for the help

2. blueorange

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    you don't need LORs for your primary app... you would need them when you are completing your secondary apps.

3. bbos

7+ Year Member

but what about the Evaluation section of the primary application? Can I just leave that blank if I'm not submitting LORs with the primary.

4. blueorange

Yep!

5. bbos

7+ Year Member

Thanks for the prompt response. So if I submit LORs with secondaries, which system do I use? Can I request the LORs through the AACOMAS system or do I have to provide my references with each school's address?

6. blueorange

If you have your LOR's sent to your AACOMAS, then ALL those letters would be sent to EVERY school that you send your primary to. If you don't want that to happen, that is, if you want specific letters to go to a specific school then use Interfolio or Virtual Evals.

7. bbos

7+ Year Member

Got it, thank you very much