can i take NBDE on tourist visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuggets14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!. I'm new here. I have recently discovered this forum and found so many useful information. But I still have a few question in my mind regarding my situation.

Can I take the NBDE part I and II even if i only have a US tourist visa? I have near future plans of migrating to the US. But while waiting for that, I'm planning to do something useful with my time. I usually go on vacations to the US to visit relatives.

Secondly, is the NBDE restricted to the state where I took it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!. I'm new here. I have recently discovered this forum and found so many useful information. But I still have a few question in my mind regarding my situation.

Can I take the NBDE part I and II even if i only have a US tourist visa? I have near future plans of migrating to the US. But while waiting for that, I'm planning to do something useful with my time. I usually go on vacations to the US to visit relatives.

Secondly, is the NBDE restricted to the state where I took it?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Yes

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for all the replies. so does that mean I can just go ahead and file my application for the part 1 anytime? no specific testing dates? coz i still have to figure out the right time to fly to the US

Hi, yes you can take the dental boards with the visitor visa. But I will personally recommend you do not mentioned at the immigration interview. Say just that you are coming for vacations.