Can move anywhere to establish residency. Best Post-Bac for 3.35cu gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattbonner

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be finishing my bachelor's in radiography in fall of '18, and am planning on moving by next summer to establish residency for post-bac. I am open to moving anywhere in the US to give myself the absolute best opportunity to be accepted into a high-tier program.

I'm 27 currently. My cuGPA will be 3.35 at time of applying next fall. Have only taken Chem 1 (4.0) as far as pre-reqs go.

I've been working as an x-ray tech for 5 years, and am going to seek out research opportunities going forward. I am also studying for the GRE and will be taking it this winter (my SAT was around 1650/2400, i believe. I did not apply myself, and paid the price).

What are realistic post-bacs for me to be accepted into? I feel I have a convincing story as to my motivations for pursuing medicine, and ample clinical experience (will still shadow some, despite this).

Am I out of my mind to believe I will have an outside chance at Bryn Mawr, Scripps, and JHU (maybe not so much on the last one based on avg gpa of matriculates).
I'm also looking at UVA, Cal Fullerton, Jefferson College, and UVM.

Linkages are important to me because I'm very insecure about my GPA.

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider moving to Texas, New York, Florida, or Ohio. Heres why: all of those states have a lot of public medical schools that show in state bias. By establishing residency, you will have a better shot at medical school admissions which is the goal. You do not need an official post bac program but need to take courses and do well. You can do that any any 4 year university. As for Bryn Mawr, Scripps, and JHU, they typically accept students that have a history of demonstrated academic excellence (high GPA and standardized test scores). A 3.35 cGPA, without a significant reason why, does not fall into that category.

I'll be finishing my bachelor's in radiography in fall of '18, and am planning on moving by next summer to establish residency for post-bac. I am open to moving anywhere in the US to give myself the absolute best opportunity to be accepted into a high-tier program.

I'm 27 currently. My cuGPA will be 3.35 at time of applying next fall. Have only taken Chem 1 (4.0) as far as pre-reqs go.

I've been working as an x-ray tech for 5 years, and am going to seek out research opportunities going forward. I am also studying for the GRE and will be taking it this winter (my SAT was around 1650/2400, i believe. I did not apply myself, and paid the price).

What are realistic post-bacs for me to be accepted into? I feel I have a convincing story as to my motivations for pursuing medicine, and ample clinical experience (will still shadow some, despite this).

Am I out of my mind to believe I will have an outside chance at Bryn Mawr, Scripps, and JHU (maybe not so much on the last one based on avg gpa of matriculates).
I'm also looking at UVA, Cal Fullerton, Jefferson College, and UVM.

Linkages are important to me because I'm very insecure about my GPA.

Thank you all!