Can my Acceptance be rescinded for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pdazzle11

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wreck less driving for 84 in a 70? Some parts of Texas the speed limit is 85... if I ever drive 70 on the highway it feels dangerous because cars fly by me.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It may be a "misdemeanor" but it's not a misdemeanor. You might be required to notify them, but really, it's a speeding ticket. It happens, use cruise control.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m also confused though because usually speeding 15 miles over is not reckless driving unless there is another circumstance involved. Also watch out for your insurance to skyrocket because reckless driving can be considered almost as many points as a DUI in some states on your driving record

It's Virginia, they've always been dicks about speeding. Anything over 80mph (even if it's wreckless driving) is statutorially considered reckless. Since the speed limit on a lot of VA highways is now 70mph there's not a whole lot of leeway and VA has been handing out a lot of reckless tickets. Probably not a terrible idea to get a lawyer and have it knocked down to something that's only a summary offense. If you have a fairly clean record it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree. Get a lawyer who knows his or her way around the traffic court. You will have to pay some money to the lawyer and also to the court (giving to United Way is an alternative in my state if charge gets nollied). It will be worth it. Do it quickly. They are definitely nicer near the holidays....