Can people please post their completion dates in the school-specific threads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yungspleen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that it's exciting to get an interview invite, but random strangers on the internet don't really care. I know that sounds selfish, but it's the truth. Commenting "II!" with nothing else doesn't help anyone. The benefit of these threads is that they allow people to get a general sense of where is the school is in regards to reviewing applications. It also allows future applicants to looks back at past threads and see if they should be expecting an interview soon. I make sure to comment with my completion date when I hear a decision, and I just wanted to make a PSA about this. If you don't want to, then nobody is forcing you to, but I am appreciative of past school-specific threads giving me a general timeline of the application process, and I feel like this year very few people are sharing their completion dates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I understand that it's exciting to get an interview invite, but random strangers on the internet don't really care. I know that sounds selfish, but it's the truth. Commenting "II!" with nothing else doesn't help anyone. The benefit of these threads is that they allow people to get a general sense of where is the school is in regards to reviewing applications. It also allows future applicants to looks back at past threads and see if they should be expecting an interview soon. I make sure to comment with my completion date when I hear a decision, and I just wanted to make a PSA about this. If you don't want to, then nobody is forcing you to, but I am appreciative of past school-specific threads giving me a general timeline of the application process, and I feel like this year very few people are sharing their completion dates.

a61.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not just the completion date. It's also the person's stats and sometimes IS/OOS status. When you get an II, you might as well just tell everyone everything right off the bat because they're going to ask you anyway. Save us all some time, please.

Reactions: 2 users
It's not just the completion date. It's also the person's stats and sometimes IS/OOS status. When you get an II, you might as well just tell everyone everything right off the bat because they're going to ask you anyway. Save us all some time, please.

Amen. Or at least post a general range for your LizzyM if you're worried about anonymity. I honestly don't get people who just comment that they got an interview invite. At least help everyone else out a little bit haha

Amen. Or at least post a general range for your LizzyM if you're worried about anonymity. I honestly don't get people who just comment that they got an interview invite. At least help everyone else out a little bit haha
I liked hearing when people got IIs so I could know that action was happening at the school. I would also get PO'd when everyone would chime in with "stats?" "completion date?"

Completion date matters a little at the beginning of the cycle, but knowing someone's stats means absolutely nothing. Schools don't interview in order of stats and a low stat person with great ECs may get interviewed over everyone else. Just sit back and relax because it will be a long year

Reactions: 1 users
I liked hearing when people got IIs so I could know that action was happening at the school. I would also get PO'd when everyone would chime in with "stats?" "completion date?"

Completion date matters a little at the beginning of the cycle, but knowing someone's stats means absolutely nothing. Schools don't interview in order of stats and a low stat person with great ECs may get interviewed over everyone else. Just sit back and relax because it will be a long year

Nevertheless, people are going to ask about the stats. So just get that out of the way right from the get-go.

I think sometimes I forget that my signature (with LizzyM) can't be seen on the mobile site - so sorry if I came off like a big douche lmao will put stats in the actual post from here on out - gotchu

Reactions: 1 user