Can schools use facebook/rooming info to disqualify you from scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piglet2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted into 1 school & waitlisted in other, no scholarship info from said school.

My school started a fb group and people are posting about finding roommates already. If you post that you're trying to find a roommate on the class of 2022 group, schools will probably know you are 100% committed right? Does this mean you wont get a merit scholarship if they already know 100% you are going to attend?

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but just want to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Idk guys, med schools r sneaky. Haven't there been posts about schools checking your social media activity? How would it be unreasonable for them to check up on whether you have committed to their school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got scholarship $$$ with one acceptance. They can can see how many acceptances you are holding already

Reactions: 1 user
I'm members of two fb groups and am actively looking for housing recommendations on both and have received scholarship money from one despite actively looking for housing. Of course, said school also mentioned that they like to give merit money to people who are interested or planning on attending, so maybe it actually helped?

Reactions: 1 user