Can Someone From Sackler Answer me A Question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePersianJew

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone can shed some light on my situaiton, Is very much appreciate it.

I applied to Sackler a while ago, and while I hear they are giving out interviews left andd right and this time, I still havent heard anything from them, not even anything in the mail, be it rejection or offer for an interview even. I've called several time to check on the update on my application status, and every time I call, they say "your application is being reviewed," and thats all/

Does it usually take them a long time, and should I just be more patient? Its somewhat frustrating because there are other programs I might want to pursue if Sackler doesnt accept me even thought it is my first choice...

can anyone give me their two cents, or sheckels i guess?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I now have a sackler admissions theory:
Since I see that they're already interviewing/accepting people who applied months after me within a period of a few weeks, here's what I think:
I think they will wait to see whether those people (people who I assume have strong numbers) accept their admissions offers or not, AND THEN they will consider offering people like me an interview or not...Basically, I think they're setting aside the applications that aren't their "first choice"...Haven't heard of anyone getting rejections quite yet.

ThePersianJew said:

I applied to Sackler a while ago, and while I hear they are giving out interviews left andd right and this time, I still havent heard anything from them, not even anything in the mail, be it rejection or offer for an interview even. I've called several time to check on the update on my application status, and every time I call, they say "your application is being reviewed," and thats all/

Does it usually take them a long time, and should I just be more patient? Its somewhat frustrating because there are other programs I might want to pursue if Sackler doesnt accept me even thought it is my first choice...

thanks

clement said:
I now have a sackler admissions theory:
Since I see that they're already interviewing/accepting people who applied months after me within a period of a few weeks, here's what I think:
I think they will wait to see whether those people (people who I assume have strong numbers) accept their admissions offers or not, AND THEN they will consider offering people like me an interview or not...Basically, I think they're setting aside the applications that aren't their "first choice"...Haven't heard of anyone getting rejections quite yet.
Well I know someone who got rejected already from Sackler and he actually had good numbers MCAT 33, so there goes your theory. I am with you in the same boat waiting to hear back from them :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
ytg said:
Well I know someone who got rejected already from Sackler and he actually had good numbers MCAT 33, so there goes your theory. I am with you in the same boat waiting to hear back from them :scared:

damn, so my mom must have never told me or something...

do you know when you friend applied? have any idea why they would have rejected him with such a score?

clement said:

do you know when you friend applied? have any idea why they would have rejected him with such a score?

Hell, I think a little chutzpah might be in order...

clement said:

Is your mom on their adcom that she would know if anybody got rejected or accepted? well if she is why can't she help you get in. Anyways that person thinks he got rejected because he is Israeli.

ytg said:
Is your mom on their adcom that she would know if anybody got rejected or accepted? well if she is why can't she help you get in. Anyways that person thinks he got rejected because he is Israeli.

I wish my mom was an adcom...That way she could help both of us get in.
No, I actually meant that she probably received MY rejection letter and never told me (since you said that you already knew of someone who had been rejected and that people were therefore receiving rejections).
Or maybe it's sitting in my mailbox at home right now....
This is tough.
Do you know when your friend applied?

clement said:
I wish my mom was an adcom...That way she could help both of us get in.
No, I actually meant that she probably received MY rejection letter and never told me (since you said that you already knew of someone who had been rejected and that people were therefore receiving rejections).
Or maybe it's sitting in my mailbox at home right now....
This is tough.
Do you know when your friend applied?
I am not sure when he applied but he interviewed the same day I did which was in the beginning of Feb. wow that was a long time ago!

ytg said:
I am not sure when he applied but he interviewed the same day I did which was in the beginning of Feb. wow that was a long time ago!

Waiting is uber annoying!!!!!

I had an interview here in Israel March 1st and my acceptance letter was dated March 8th but I think a lot of it had to do with the fact taht I'm in Israel right now and met with the dean's assistant, Esti before my interview. But the time seemed pretty fast so I think letters are coming out now! I know how hard it is to be patient though.

ThePersianJew said:

thanks

I had the same problem, I'd applied a while ago and every time I called to check on the status of my applications, I was told that it's being reviewed.
well, if you are calling the NY office, they know nothing and they are pretty rude. I had interview with Technion in NY, and I called sackler to see if I am eligible, I'd stay in NY longer or something, I was told that my application was being reviewed. well the next day that I came back home, i got a rejection letter. Basically NY office knows nothing.
I know of pple who got accepted already and there are those who go rejected or haven't heard yet.
So all the luck