Can someone shed light onto my situation? I need help asap!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevensmart

Reaction score
Ok, so I am a psych BA major with a 2.2 gpa as of now, which is bound to go up and I'm in my fourth year of college. I go to SUNY. I am afraid that my gpa won't go up to 3.0, by the end of the 8th semester. I have never heard of CCOM. Do I have any shot at any post bacc programs which will accept me? And I have received C's in general chem 1/2, a D in intro to bio 1 and then F retaking it, and then 2 F's in organic chemistry. I was aiming for PHARMD or A MS, but maybe it might NOT be possible now, but maybe in the future. What do I do? Please let me know, thanks. my mind changed in undergrad so I changed my major from bio--> to health science --> to psychology BA( health science didnt provide any future aspects). I am really worried if the PSYCH BA WILL LOOK TERRIBLE for my application!! I HEARD MOST ppl are bio majors

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I am a psych BA major with a 2.2 gpa as of now, which is bound to go up and I'm in my fourth year of college. I go to SUNY. I am afraid that my gpa won't go up to 3.0, by the end of the 8th semester. I have never heard of CCOM. Do I have any shot at any post bacc programs which will accept me? And I have received C's in general chem 1/2, a D in intro to bio 1 and then F retaking it, and then 2 F's in organic chemistry. I was aiming for PHARMD or A MS, but maybe it might NOT be possible now, but maybe in the future. What do I do? Please let me know, thanks. my mind changed in undergrad so I changed my major from bio--> to health science --> to psychology BA( health science didnt provide any future aspects). I am really worried if the PSYCH BA WILL LOOK TERRIBLE for my application!! I HEARD MOST ppl are bio majors
They definitely accept english majors into med/pharm school, so your major is not important. What’s more important is whether you have a pulse and can take out $200k+ in loans?

Cast a wide net when you apply to schools and you’re guaranteed admission to at least one school.

Reactions: 1 user
what does it mean by pulse? but i like pharmacy

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just lobby the admissions committee hard enough with whatever excuse you can come up with and they’ll get you in.

lol it doesnt work that way? but can i get into suny bing or buffalo or albany -_- i was already accepted to some pharmacy program already ... :(

Last edited:
lol it doesnt work that way? but can i get into suny bing or buffalo or albany -_- i was already accepted to some pharmacy program already ... :(
How do you know how it works when you’re the one asking for advice? I’m a seasoned vet telling you how it is.

Just wondering why do you want to go to pharmacy school? Basic Sciences --> recommend to have at least a B or higher. Organic chem will come back to haunt you in pharmacy school. You can have any major you want but you need to pass the basic sciences pre-req's. If you can't do that, need to consider alternative pathway.

Organic 1 or 2?

Just wondering why do you want to go to pharmacy school? Basic Sciences --> recommend to have at least a B or higher. Organic chem will come back to haunt you in pharmacy school. You can have any major you want but you need to pass the basic sciences pre-req's. If you can't do that, need to consider alternative pathway.

i was already accepted to some pharmacy program already ... :(

You’ve been accepted with a 2.2 GPA....What does this tell you about the school and/or profession?

Better yet, please share what pharmacy program accepted you with those stats....I sincerely wanna know..

im so confused. is this guy in or is he asking for advice about his stats?

im so confused. is this guy in or is he asking for advice about his stats?
asking for advice about his stats --> " Do I have any shot at any post bacc programs which will accept me? And I have received C's in general chem 1/2, a D in intro to bio 1 and then F retaking it, and then 2 F's in organic chemistry. I was aiming for PHARMD or A MS..."

asking for advice about his stats --> " Do I have any shot at any post bacc programs which will accept me? And I have received C's in general chem 1/2, a D in intro to bio 1 and then F retaking it, and then 2 F's in organic chemistry. I was aiming for PHARMD or A MS..."

You forgot about this
-_- i was already accepted to some pharmacy program already ... :(

With 2.2 gpa, glad that you not apply to dental or medical school. You will be reject before they look at your application. Getting into pharmacy school is one thing but how can you manage to survive in pharmacy school.

What had led you to get a low GPA? Work more harder and try to get good grades. If you apply and got an interview, the admission committee might ask you why did you fail few of the courses? I heard that it will be a concern for the admission committee if you have failed more than 3 or 4 of the prerequisites courses.

You might have been accepted, but if you struggle now, you will struggle even more in school.

Still waiting....

What pharmacy program took you with those stats?

Understanding you now created 2 accounts with no indication of acceptance (despite you mentioning it on this account), I’m now convinced you not only have no acceptance, but trolled hard with little empathy but many facts thrown your way on (once again) your secondary account.

Over the years I've found a disturbing trend where I'm finding it harder and harder to tell if threads like these are genuine or trolling.