Can someone tell me about CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinipeli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am going out to chicago for my interview in a couple weeks, so I haven't actually visited the school yet. I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me some feedback about CCOM, what they've heard, how they like it-the school and the city, how it compared to other schools for you, etc... .

Anything would be appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You can drop me an e-mail and I will answer any questions you might have.

Bill
MS3 CCOM

I was not impressed with CCOM when I interviewed there and have since rejected their acceptance in favor of KCOM. What really left me sour was that they don't offer any opportunities for early clinical exposure. When I asked them about this I was told that I could volunteer somewhere if I wanted.
I know that most of the other applicants felt similarely. However, CCOM does have a good reputation and the proximity to Chicago area hospitals is a big plus. Just see how you like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending CCOM in the fall of 2001. CCOM is a great school with an excellent reputation. I did not know much about it before since I am from Maryland, but after inteviewing with several DO schools and 2 MD schools, I was set into accepting their offer. As far as DO schools go, I think PCOM is the other school that equals CCOM in almost every aspect. I was torn between the two, but decided to head out to the midwest since I like Chicago better than Philly. I also believe that CCOM has more research activity than PCOM, I may be wrong, but CCOM emphasized research in my interview. People say that PCOM has better facilites and that is true. However, CCOM is a university and has a nice campus with a new library, lecture halls and labs due to be opened during the fall of 2001. CCOM will thus have new facilites soon. I don't know, it is up to you kinipeli, you must decide. I liked CCOM eventhough I was planning to attend PCOM in the beginning. They are both excelletn medical schools. This statement was said by both of my D.O. physicians who wrote my letters of recommendation and who are both graduates of PCOM. You may find that PCOM is discussed more often on this site than CCOM. I propose to you to do a search on CCOM in the pre- and osteopathic forums. Good luck to you on your interview.

Samir

[This message has been edited by Hippocrates (edited 01-04-2001).]

I am an M3 at CCOM and would be glad to answer anyone's questions regarding CCOM via email.

Johan