Can u guys check my grades so far - please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gen chem 1 - C+
Gen chem 2 - C+
Bio 1 - C
Physics 1 - B+
Physics 2 - A
Calculus - A+
Statistics - A

i am in organic right now and i'm either gonna get an F or a C

as of now my total GPA is 3.30

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously, try to bring up your grades in the future to no less than B's if you can... I don't think a few will hurt you, but many will...

Obviously, try to bring up your grades in the future to no less than B's if you can... I don't think a few will hurt you, but many will...

I will be a junior in August

Should i retake chem 1 or Bio 1 in the summer (this june) ? i know if i retake it i will get an A b/c i know the material now

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say just take higher level classes and ace those to show that you can handle the rigorous material you will be presented in dental school...

Also, even if your school replaces the grade based on a retake, AADSAS does not. They will use both grades in determining your GPA. It's better to do well in upper division classes, and dental school may overlook some of the earlier grades. Show an upward trend and you should be fine.

I would say just take higher level classes and ace those to show that you can handle the rigorous material you will be presented in dental school...

Also, even if your school replaces the grade based on a retake, AADSAS does not. They will use both grades in determining your GPA. It's better to do well in upper division classes, and dental school may overlook some of the earlier grades. Show an upward trend and you should be fine.

yeah AADSAS averages the two grades, but i get an A in bio 1 retake, my gpa goes up by like 0.03, which is a lot in my case. I am taking cell bio and Genetics this june.

Not very good bc your bcp gpa is close to 2.0 right now. Need that over 3.0 at least IMO.

i am in organic right now and i'm either gonna get an F or a C

..........a D is not a possibility?

Regardless, I think you need to start getting A's in your science classes. I wouldn't say you are behind the 8 ball yet.......but you have left yourself at a serious disadvantage and you need to show a serious change.

I speak to you from experience that you need to take your undergrad seriously. If you graduate with a below average gpa it becomes a daunting task to turn it around. Every year students are applying with higher gpa's and DAT scores.

Your grades simply are not impressive right now and worst of all, the lowest grades are in the most important classes, buckle down this next year and if I were you I would make whatever sacrifices necessary to achieve all A's.

..........a D is not a possibility?

Regardless, I think you need to start getting A's in your science classes. I wouldn't say you are behind the 8 ball yet.......but you have left yourself at a serious disadvantage and you need to show a serious change.

I speak to you from experience that you need to take your undergrad seriously. If you graduate with a below average gpa it becomes a daunting task to turn it around. Every year students are applying with higher gpa's and DAT scores.

Your grades simply are not impressive right now and worst of all, the lowest grades are in the most important classes, buckle down this next year and if I were you I would make whatever sacrifices necessary to achieve all A's.

no D is not a possibility, u either fail or get a C . no D grade given

What happens if i dont get into dental school my first time applying, do i stay in school another year and bring my gpa up and retake DAT ?

no D is not a possibility, u either fail or get a C . no D grade given

What happens if i dont get into dental school my first time applying, do i stay in school another year and bring my gpa up and retake DAT ?

Getting ahead of yourself there bud. Just make sure you kill the remaining upper div bio classes - what's key is not taking on too heavy a load. Upward trend can go a very far way but like the other person said try to bring up that sGPA, ideally to at least 3.2. With a 20AA you should be good by the time you apply.

OP, you need to take school more seriously...

Obviously you aren't studying very much if you are ending up with C's always.

There just is no excuse if you aren't studying and hoping for a good grade.

Get A+'s from now on in all your science classes if possible to alleviate the damages from all those C's....

Yeah man, you need to show some serious transition. With that as a trend I wouldn't bother applying.

Getting ahead of yourself there bud. Just make sure you kill the remaining upper div bio classes - what's key is not taking on too heavy a load. Upward trend can go a very far way but like the other person said try to bring up that sGPA, ideally to at least 3.2. With a 20AA you should be good by the time you apply.

Dental schools are getting really competitive.. increasingly..I disagree that 3.2 with 20AA will solidify chances of getting in, especially in few years.