Can you have your scores sent to Med Schools after you get your score graded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperSaiyan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a really stupid question, but I just wanted to check.

I'm writing the MCAT this year (going into 3rd year undergrad), but I'm not planning on applying until I graduate (another 2 years).

The MCAT is not something that you have to write and then have the scores sent to schools RIGHT away, right?

Like, I can write it now, (not void) get my score, and just keep it in my back pocket until the time comes (as long as it's not 5 years and beyond) and then have my scores sent to the appropriate med schools when I want, right??

I live in Canada, if that makes any difference, which I doubt.

Thanks,

SS3:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was 3 years for MCAT, but I could be wrong. Yes, you can keep your scores. I have both my 30s from last year still valid. They'll automatically update your score on your AMCAS application and it'll just go pirrup ready.

it depends on the school, but it is 2-3 years. If you apply before your 2 year mark, then you should be fine.

This might be a really stupid question, but I just wanted to check.

I'm writing the MCAT this year (going into 3rd year undergrad), but I'm not planning on applying until I graduate (another 2 years).

The MCAT is not something that you have to write and then have the scores sent to schools RIGHT away, right?

Like, I can write it now, (not void) get my score, and just keep it in my back pocket until the time comes (as long as it's not 5 years and beyond) and then have my scores sent to the appropriate med schools when I want, right??

I live in Canada, if that makes any difference, which I doubt.

Thanks,

SS3:luck:

If you are writing the MCAT this year, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE write the one on August 14th and make it VERY easy for me!! Or at least tell me what concepts your going to be heavy on when writing it. If I knew the writers for the MCAT were gonna be on SDN I'da looked here long ago :D

Just messin w/ you... you didn't need to mention the Canadian part.... it's obvious as nobody else says they are going to "write" the MCAT since it implys creating it... Like I say, just good fun

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are writing the MCAT this year, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE write the one on August 14th and make it VERY easy for me!! Or at least tell me what concepts your going to be heavy on when writing it. If I knew the writers for the MCAT were gonna be on SDN I'da looked here long ago :D

Just messin w/ you... you didn't need to mention the Canadian part.... it's obvious as nobody else says they are going to "write" the MCAT since it implys creating it... Like I say, just good fun

damn purists. :sleep:

I dunno where you're planning to apply in Canada, but I know U of T and Western take accept tests that were written five years before the app. deadline and Queens accepts test written since 1991 :O