Can you rate my stats and tell me if I have an M.D. shot or D.O.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MindyMeyers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, thanks for reading this everyone! i was recommended this site.

My sGPA trend is this :::: (by semester up to end of junior year)

A- 4 sGPA 3.53
B+ 3

A- 4
B 4 sGPA - 3.35

A- 3
B 5 sGPA- 3.18 (family deth) =[
B 4

B 4 sGPA- 2.52 (alot of loss of studying time)
C+ 5
C+ 4

A 4
B+ 4 sGPA- 3.55 (picked it up a bit ) aced orgo/phys
B+ 3

A 4
A 4 sGPA - 4.0 (aced biochem/orgoII/physII)
A 4

end sgpa = 3.25ish
cgpa = 3.4

RATE~~~ good /bad/ mediocr + MD or DO

:) Major is Biology, im a ny resident.

Mcat scores 12-12-13 o

LoR's are from 2 scie proffs/ 1 english proff/ 1 M.D/ 1 cardio-surgeon

EC's (with proof and #'s and contacts)

~~ 1000+ clinical hours (a internal MD office in Manhatt) employed past 2 yrs there.

~~~ 3 article publications (10k words each + ) done as primary author alongside an NYU professor/ and Lab coordinator

~~~ 150 + volunteer hours in 3 different departments at NY presbytarian hospital

~~~ 25 + hours tutoring peers @ my campus

and my personal statement is very heart felt.

Ok so lay down the bricks :) i wont cry loll,
I hope if i apply the first minute app's are accepted in itll heighten my chances to get in.

Thanks everyone , please leave honest feedback.

love

mindy

Members don't see this ad.

great mcat
not a super horrible.. gpa..
i think if you apply very broadly 30 or so MD schools + the good DO's ( pcom,ccom,kcumb,kcom,dmucom)
you will be pretty good. i know the 30 MD's is alot but broadly applying will do you a lot of good..
yah..
i wish you luck

great mcat
not a super horrible.. gpa..
i think if you apply very broadly 30 or so MD schools + the good DO's ( pcom,ccom,kcumb,kcom,dmucom)
you will be pretty good. i know the 30 MD's is alot but broadly applying will do you a lot of good..
yah..
i wish you luck

Thank you so much Serende !

I hope I get an acceptance somewhere... I hope the 4.0 final semester sgpa helps me

Members don't see this ad :)
DO, for sure...

MD, u have a good shot...apply broadly and early..

Yeah Jdubby :) if I dont quit first, ill be sure to apply to like 35 schools lol

Apply broadly, but smartly. Don't apply to schools that only take like 5 OOS students because you'll waste time/money filling out the secondary. Look for public schools that accept a good number of OOS and private schools. Plus apply to all of your state schools. I would also include a few DO schools, but again research the schools so you aren't wasting time/money for places that if you were accepted you would never go there.

You have a very good chance to be admitted to an MD school. A 37 is a score that hardly anyone gets and it would be insane to suggest that you wouldn't get in somewhere with that...numbers aren't everything though so it's good you've done plenty of other things in addition to school work. If you look at the MSAR, most schools have at least their 10th percentile GPA at 3.4 overall so I think you're pretty much set. As others have said, apply broadly and wisely. Good luck!

I agree you have a good chance of an acceptance somewhere allopathic and probably everywhere osteopathic. Be realistic in choosing your schools and keep an eye on bottom tenth percentile for GPA for each one per the MSAR. Go for 5 reach schools, 5 safeties, and the rest close to your range.

Apply broadly, but smartly. Don't apply to schools that only take like 5 OOS students because you'll waste time/money filling out the secondary. Look for public schools that accept a good number of OOS and private schools. Plus apply to all of your state schools. I would also include a few DO schools, but again research the schools so you aren't wasting time/money for places that if you were accepted you would never go there.

This is so important. I see so many people "apple broadly" but literally burn money by applying to places like UMass or UWashington + Oregon who take close to zero or zero OOSers. Do your research; invest $25 in an MSAR. If it even saves you from applying to one school that doesn't look at OOS, you've made your money back.

instate is always best....:D

Heyy Jdub :) Yeah But if I apply on DAY 1 (June 1st). Do u think I have a good shot at my instates?

cgpa3.4/bcpm 3.25?ish

OO more detailes :) dono if u saw

EC's,
1000+hrs clinical internal office (employed past 1 1/2 yrs +) as well as published articles and research projects +
hospital volunteer work (50+hours) ,
homeless shelter volunteering,
peer tutoring in biology sophomore year,
ongoing past 3 years research about viral infections (hiv/epstein barr) and created a website where I take hospital #'s who are in need of people to volunteer for and advertise it (not specifically for pre-med individuals), national honor society member for past 7 years, deans list recepient 2+ times at my college.