Can you still remember your High School GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My gpa has never been at the top of the list. I always thought that classes get in the way of learning. I do a lot of learning on my own outside of class by reading books on only the topics I like. I had a long talk with one of my professors and he was amazed at the depth of my questions. He asked why my grades were low. I told him that I think sitting in a class and having slides read to me was a waste of time. I believe greatness is achieved outside of the classroom.

However, the numerical or letter grade you achieve on a report shows attention and time input into the subject matter of the course.

Really, a number or letter is a representation of something. This something is not your intelligence level. Also, this number or letter does not directly correlate with your success later on. Really, it is a system of keeping track and that is the best a school can do to keep you in line.

Even though schools look at this upon reviewing for admission, a resume and recommendation letters can far outweigh any gpa. My rec. letters were suberb since I had an intellectual bond with many of the professors.
 
Even though schools look at this upon reviewing for admission, a resume and recommendation letters can far outweigh any gpa. My rec. letters were suberb since I had an intellectual bond with many of the professors.
...or you could excel by doing both- having a high GPA and sincerely connecting with your instructors. 😎
 
...or you could excel by doing both- having a high GPA and sincerely connecting with your instructors. 😎

I wouldn't mind doing that if I could pay attention. Some people just aren't made for the formal education system. I'm always outside of the box and can't sit still for the prof. to teach me a chapter. But when I'm on my own, I can go through a few chapters like nothing. Usually I will skip class and go to my research lab to take IR or NMR of my reactions.

I'm considering different paths but maybe something with research would fit me well. I've looked at the pharmacy path for awhile.
 
BTW, how is the p4 year coming along? I heard you get rotations in different areas of pharmacy. Good experience?
 
Once they boil the crawfish seasoning, more and more places are sprinkling more powder seasoning on the outside of the cooked crawfish..almost like maryland crabs with their seasoning on the outside.

Well, this place must make their own powder seasoning extra laced with extra hot cayenne powder.. and salty. I can't get enough water in me right now.....I probably should get a bolus sterile water IV..about 5 liters.

Sounds harsh. Last year I ate a ripe cherry bomb pepper and almost died. A very healthy treat, indeed though.
 
BTW, how is the p4 year coming along? I heard you get rotations in different areas of pharmacy. Good experience?
It's over. I had 1 community, 2 amb care, 1 internal med, 1 hospital (which was more like hospital administration), 1 LTC, and 1 LTAC rotation. It was the best year of pharmacy school, but it could have easily been the worst if I had had different rotation sites. I was very lucky.
 
Once they boil the crawfish seasoning, more and more places are sprinkling more powder seasoning on the outside of the cooked crawfish..almost like maryland crabs with their seasoning on the outside.

Well, this place must make their own powder seasoning extra laced with extra hot cayenne powder.. and salty. I can't get enough water in me right now.....I probably should get a bolus sterile water IV..about 5 liters.

Thats what you get for eating mud bugs...whats wrong with you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
End up having something like 100% since AP classes were worth 106 to compensate for being harder. Rank 2/70.
Undergrad gpa 3.5
First semester of P1 3.49
Second semester I'll most likely find out tomorrow (probably around a 3)