Can you still remember your High School GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IndustryPharmD

Here to Help
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Funny how things become irrelevant after a few years. It has been many years since I last thought about my high school GPA and now I am looking at a job application that asks about education, and since it has all the boxes, you can put your high school GPA down as well. I couldn't remember my undergrad GPA, let alone my high school GPA (though at least undergrad I could look up on the university intranet).

I can still remember my pharmacy school GPA, but chances are in another ten years I won't. And it seemed oh so important right up to the point I graduated. 😀 A few years down the road, and all that really matters is what you have done and what you know...
 
Funny how things become irrelevant after a few years. It has been many years since I last thought about my high school GPA and now I am looking at a job application that asks about education, and since it has all the boxes, you can put your high school GPA down as well. I couldn't remember my undergrad GPA, let alone my high school GPA (though at least undergrad I could look up on the university intranet).

I can still remember my pharmacy school GPA, but chances are in another ten years I won't. And it seemed oh so important right up to the point I graduated. 😀 A few years down the road, and all that really matters is what you have done and what you know...

i don't exactly remember, but it was like a 4.3-4.4 or something. oh man i kinda miss those inflated GPA days, when a 3.8 = you were a failure at life and wouldn't get into college.

i'll be approaching my 10 year reunion soon, woohoo
 
2.5

I was too busy playing guitar, lifting weights, and shooting guns. I'm totally serious. It was a 2.5. Didn't matter a bit, either. 3.8 in college...also hasn't mattered aside from being admitted to school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i don't exactly remember, but it was like a 4.3-4.4 or something. oh man i kinda miss those inflated GPA days, when a 3.8 = you were a failure at life and wouldn't get into college.

i'll be approaching my 10 year reunion soon, woohoo

Mine has come and gone... didn't bother attending. Who cares... the people I liked enough to care, I stay in touch with as is, and the others I don't think I would even recognize if I bumped into them (unlikely, as I live half the country away). Now, pharmacy school reunion would be interesting, but my school doesn't do class-specific reunions until you have been out for 20 years, I think, so I have to wait a bit. 😀
 
Mine has come and gone... didn't bother attending. Who cares... the people I liked enough to care, I stay in touch with as is, and the others I don't think I would even recognize if I bumped into them (unlikely, as I live half the country away). Now, pharmacy school reunion would be interesting, but my school doesn't do class-specific reunions until you have been out for 20 years, I think, so I have to wait a bit. 😀

yeah i'm not particularly excited either, but the friends i DO keep in touch with, i haven't physically seen in a while (we're scattered across the country)...this will provide a nice excuse. Plus, my name and SSN are attached to our class account that was sealed upon graduation (I'm one of three), I'm kind of curious how much money is in there to spend for the reunion.
 
Coming up on my 34th year since high school. Here is what I remember:

My class rank was 512 out of 1250.....
Where my high school is located.
The names of some of the teachers.
We always lost the Thanksgiving day football game to Central.

Did they have GPA's in the olden days?????
 
i don't exactly remember, but it was like a 4.3-4.4 or something. oh man i kinda miss those inflated GPA days, when a 3.8 = you were a failure at life and wouldn't get into college.

i'll be approaching my 10 year reunion soon, woohoo

That's what I had... 🙁

:laugh: We didn't have inflated grades though. We stopped at 4.0. I think high school was the last time i felt smart. Sigh, I miss that. 😀
 
HS GPA 4.0
College GPA 3.39 (I partied and enjoyed life)
Chemistry Graduate School GPA 3.70
Pharmacy School GPA TBD
 
:laugh: We didn't have inflated grades though. We stopped at 4.0. I think high school was the last time i felt smart. Sigh, I miss that. 😀
I don't think I have encountered even curves, let alone inflated grades at any point in my academic life. I remember gasps from other pharmacy schools' graduates when I would tell them As in our pharmacy classes (administered by pharmacy practice department) started at 93.5%. 😀 That's one of the reasons I don't believe in all-importance of the GPAs. The same A equivalent to 4.0 in one school will start at 85% (I kid you not, though I can't remember what school it was), in another at 95%. And that's a world of difference... And to further complicate matters, an exam can be written in such a way that a monkey with a keyboard would get at least 80% or it could be such that no living person could score about 70%.

Never felt dumb in school (though in some classes in law school I occasionally do), but my job made me feel dumb on a daily basis for the first two years or so, then it went down to once a week. :laugh:
 
What kind of question is this!

My 25 year HS reunion is next week OMG! 😱

Yes I remember my HS GPA and the rank.. College GPA, and RX school GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure do remember...

High School GPA : 4.0
BS Pharm: 3.97
PharmD: 4.0

Problem is I studied to get that A instead of studying to learn and remember the material.
Plus nobody really cares what your GPA was when you start working.
 
Looking back, I'm proud of never doing much better than a 3.0 in high school and undergrad. Hell, I got into pharmacy school with ~2.75gpa. Now, no one gives two ****s what my high school or undergrad GPAs were. When I graduate, no one will ask my pharmacy GPA. They will notice my strong communication skills, and ability to work 10 hours a day without a break =)
 
Looking back, I'm proud of never doing much better than a 3.0 in high school and undergrad. Hell, I got into pharmacy school with ~2.75gpa. Now, no one gives two ****s what my high school or undergrad GPAs were. When I graduate, no one will ask my pharmacy GPA. They will notice my strong communication skills, and ability to work 10 hours a day without a break =)

Make sure you get some diapers.
 
Do you guys have anything better to talk about? How about some medications or therapy? I thought pharmacy was supposed to be interesting...
 
Being from the British system of education, my high school didn't do GPA's. And you only knew your class rank if -- after you took this big freaking deal of an exam called the Senior School Certificate Examination -- you were among the top 10 students. Everyone else...tough luck.

My rank was 9 out of 361. I still remember my grades on the exams, too. To get the highest grade of "1" you needed to get a 75, and believe me, it's waaaaay easier to get a 90 in this country. I got three "1's," two "2's," and three "3's."

I remember my SAT scores from both times I took the SAT (1370 the first time, 1530 the second). I remember the breakdown, too: First time, 680 verbal, 690 math. Second time, 800 verbal, 730 math.

But I remember random stuff like that. Back in 6th grade, I saw the name of my classmate's mom, and he said I would forget. It's been 18 years now, and I still remember. I have, however, forgotten what I learned in Genetics two days ago.
 
My h.s. had two gpas: the weighted academic and the unweighted all-subject.
My academic gpa was about 4.3 and I think I was ranked 55/599 and my all-subject was a 3.9 and was ranked about 13/599.
I do still have a copy of my h.s. transcript.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The ****? Am I the only guy here who went to a high school where I got numeric grades rather than letter grades? My average was an 89.75 and I was 35th out of 176. And that was without trying. Swish.
 
Wow, I'm feeling bad about my hs grades now. Perhaps I should have gone to class more. I'm making up for it in undergrad though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not have a beer belly.. I don't even drink.

Sorry, It's just that when I think of golfers, I think of this guy.

dalybellyjpg-jpeg.jpg
 
Once they boil the crawfish seasoning, more and more places are sprinkling more powder seasoning on the outside of the cooked crawfish..almost like maryland crabs with their seasoning on the outside.

Well, this place must make their own powder seasoning extra laced with extra hot cayenne powder.. and salty. I can't get enough water in me right now.....I probably should get a bolus sterile water IV..about 5 liters.