Can you use computer features on the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEE ADAMA WILLIAMS

Reaction score
does "command/control + F" work on the pcat computers ? seems like a good way to save alot of time

Members don't see this ad.

i appreciate your reply but I find it hard to believe what you are saying. You would not do a calculation by hand, you would save time by using the calculator. How is this any different?

i appreciate your reply but I find it hard to believe what you are saying. You would not do a calculation by hand, you would save time by using the calculator. How is this any different?

If your referring to the PCAT: Who says you can use a calculator? Cant use that either

As for the Control F question: Your taking away the idea of developing your own "critical thinking" which is done by scheming only simplistic facts in a text rather than taking your time and trying to internalize it all with the help of a key stroke (if this was allowed then where is the challenge?). You need to be able to quickly find facts and opinions in a story and commit the small facts to memory on paper. Many have done this pattern with short cuts and so can you.

Members don't see this ad :)
if its "now" integrated into the exam then all the better. Times past many of us did without. Look up quick note taking for your critical thinking portions and you should be able to get some ample help on how to approach those types of problems.

The calculator provided by Pearson for NAPLEX was actually quite good. Could use keypads on keyboard. But not sure if it is the same for PCAT.

I think calculator was not used when I took my PCAT, can't really remember.

I think the PCAT exam is run on a software which most likely also records what you are doing. I guess you could risk it and try pressing the ctrl+f command and see if it works. I would assume the software will make that command not applicable but if it doesn't, they could also say you were going against the rules of this exam and trash your score.
A calculator and periodic table is provided on the exam. I think they appear as buttons you can press to open them up.
If you attempt to do the search command and your score isn't trashed, let everyone here know. It does make a significant difference on the CR section.

I think the PCAT exam is run on a software which most likely also records what you are doing. I guess you could risk it and try pressing the ctrl+f command and see if it works. I would assume the software will make that command not applicable but if it doesn't, they could also say you were going against the rules of this exam and trash your score.
A calculator and periodic table is provided on the exam. I think they appear as buttons you can press to open them up.
If you attempt to do the search command and your score isn't trashed, let everyone here know. It does make a significant difference on the CR section.
Im not really asking for others opinions here, I am asking if its stated in the Terms and Conditions that doing so is forbidden

Reactions: 1 user
Im not really asking for others opinions here, I am asking if its stated in the Terms and Conditions that doing so is forbidden

If you do not like the answers given nor seeking other opinions, call the PCAT customer relations yourself and ask specifically about your question:

1-800-622-3231

Let others know what was said

Reactions: 1 user