Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam Thread 2

Started by tinman831
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last thread has been closed due to the discussion of remembered questions on the exam. Remember that you are not permitted to discuss exam questions per the non disclosure clause you sign when taking it. Any future posts discussing remembered questions will be deleted and the user infracted. This will be your only warning.
 
Hi everyone, i just want to know how many universities we can apply to in canada. i've heard people say that the PLA in london is pretty difficult. has anyone taken the exam? is it just practical or is there something like a viva voci too?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
85 % is a good score gives u a good chance for UWO ,dalhousie and UBC for sure.
Congrats!!
Thanks . I know it is not bad , actually it is a good score. Honestly I was hoping for more. I would like to know what questions have I done wrong. Let me tell you some questions were really stupid. It is those kind of questions about a clinical problem that you know perfectly how to solve and what kind of treatment to give but you can't answer the EE question about it, because the question or the alternatives are wrong.

I think I can still hope for UofT, I know a few were accepted at the uoft with a score of 85 last year.However I am going to try the Equivalency process too. I think you are doing that too. What books are you studying with ?
 
UfT is always a good idea.....yes I am preparing for the equivalency process, I was first reading a lot of text books now I am trying to get as much practice with the released papers as I can get and then some clinical practice (observe + work on typodont) too .....its a long shot i hope it pays off in the end though.I am reading Nbed first aid it is a good review.
so are u planning to apply to uni this yr and then try for the Eq process too next yr?
best of luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My score is 90.
Dent rdh, have you already started your preparation for the equivalency process? Are you not applying anywhere this year? What was your score?
 
did anybody applied to UWO, i jus got my results today,on their site dey r sayin ''120'' application recieved....how can peoples apply without gettin their acfd results....does anybody knows
 
UfT is always a good idea.....yes I am preparing for the equivalency process, I was first reading a lot of text books now I am trying to get as much practice with the released papers as I can get and then some clinical practice (observe + work on typodont) too .....its a long shot i hope it pays off in the end though.I am reading Nbed first aid it is a good review.
so are u planning to apply to uni this yr and then try for the Eq process too next yr?
best of luck.
can we give eq process this time also..can u plz tell more abt this
 
UfT is always a good idea.....yes I am preparing for the equivalency process, I was first reading a lot of text books now I am trying to get as much practice with the released papers as I can get and then some clinical practice (observe + work on typodont) too .....its a long shot i hope it pays off in the end though.I am reading Nbed first aid it is a good review.
so are u planning to apply to uni this yr and then try for the Eq process too next yr?
best of luck.

I am going to apply to uoft , not so eager to go to school though. I would rather get my license through the equivalency. I am studying with text books and will go through the released questions too...NBED first aid ?? where did you find it ??? where are u going to practice ??

let's keep on touch
 
has anybody read the requirements for UBC? this is one their requirements 'Our office must receive an original copy of your Eligibility Exam score, sent directly from the ACFD.' dont they get our results from the ACFD? y shud we request the acfd to send a copy to them and how do u do it? any ideas? i cudnt find any info on the acfd website regarding request for copies to b sent to universities.
 
My score is 90.
Dent rdh, have you already started your preparation for the equivalency process? Are you not applying anywhere this year? What was your score?
hi ...........congrats well done its a great score wish you the best with the rest🙂, can you plz give me some reading tips?????
 
Sarna amazing score COngrats! I didn't take the EE this time......I am interested in the equivalency process,going to school is just too difficult for me for the next 2 -3 yrs.
how r u practising for the admissions clinical exam
 
Sarna amazing score COngrats! I didn't take the EE this time......I am interested in the equivalency process,going to school is just too difficult for me for the next 2 -3 yrs.
how r u practising for the admissions clinical exam

Thanks. I haven't thought about clinical exams yet..
Wow, I wouldn't mind getting licensed without going to school too, but if I get accepted this year I will be very happy. Not applying is too much risk for me.
And there is too much waiting until 2011 and so much uncertainty with the Equivalency process, so that to be on the safe side I will definitely apply for the Qualifying Program and see what happens.
 
Last edited:
hi ...........congrats well done its a great score wish you the best with the rest🙂, can you plz give me some reading tips?????

Dalo, start with the decks, they are essential. Read forum, people mention plenty of sources, however I used mainly decks and if I did not understand something I was looking in books or on the Internet.
 
Dalo, start with the decks, they are essential. Read forum, people mention plenty of sources, however I used mainly decks and if I did not understand something I was looking in books or on the Internet.
thanks alot for your advice i will follow these steps deffinitly and i am looking too for some questions to practise so if you have some i would deeply appreciate it good luck again
 
Sarna amazing score COngrats! I didn't take the EE this time......I am interested in the equivalency process,going to school is just too difficult for me for the next 2 -3 yrs.
how r u practising for the admissions clinical exam
i am interested in the equivalency process too but it sounds so foggy to me can you tell me what it requaries????
 
My score is 90.
Dent rdh, have you already started your preparation for the equivalency process? Are you not applying anywhere this year? What was your score?
congratulatin Sarna , you deserve it , you always answer the questions very clearly , I have learned a lot from you , wish you the best in your future life ,
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes Sarna I totally agree with u ,with that kind of score i wud also not wait .I am sure u will get into uni this yr.keep us posted abt ur admission process.
 
as for the Eq Process it sure is very unclear uptil now...lets hope they explain things better in the coming months.


dent rdh do you want to go through the questions on those 660 pages with me... I am going to try the equivalency process and I don't find any thing unclear there ....the only thing thay have not published so far is the application forms which in my understanding will be an online process...
 
i am interested in the equivalency process too but it sounds so foggy to me can you tell me what it requaries????
they have not opened the application yet..it will probably be online...however the last time I checked together with the application you will need to evaluate your dental degree and list of grades..the rest is normal application I think....hope I am right...
 
they have not opened the application yet..it will probably be online...however the last time I checked together with the application you will need to evaluate your dental degree and list of grades..the rest is normal application I think....hope I am right...
will be there another eligibility exam or not and for someone who still wants to apply to a qualification process what will be the requirements????i just trying to figure out the diffrences between the tow processes🙁
 
yes leda I am ready to go over the released questions.....as for the confusion , i know they r trying their best to get it all cleared up .I think they recently put up the competencies for entry to practice which is quite helpful .My only concern is the clinical exam and how they will evaluate us in it.Also the whole application process they said it will be available in feb this yr at first but now they say in spring so lets hope things get even more clear in the next coming months.
 
the process is simple,u give
1.test of fundamental knowledge
2.test of clinical skills
3.test of clinical judgement.(negative marking will be done)🙁

if nbde finds you up to their standard then from this stage u can appear for OSCE and written ndbe🙂

if they do not find you up to their standard then with the same grades you can apply to universities for qualifying program.:scared:

The universities will also be reviewing their selection criteria based on the changes that ACFD has made in the selection process.:meanie:
 
yes leda I am ready to go over the released questions.....as for the confusion , i know they r trying their best to get it all cleared up .I think they recently put up the competencies for entry to practice which is quite helpful .My only concern is the clinical exam and how they will evaluate us in it.Also the whole application process they said it will be available in feb this yr at first but now they say in spring so lets hope things get even more clear in the next coming months.

which competencies for entry to practice dent rdh ??
 
check out the entry to practice competencies in the ndeb website on the left side they are quite clear.....also while u r at it they have put up the actual dates for the exam and deadline for application.I think we do not have a lot of time to waste now......should i mail u the questions I am having problems with or u want to discuss them here ??
 
I get stuck in orthodontic Qs donot have alot of experience in it,also a lot of dental material questions but they are easier to find answers for .
 
the process is simple,u give
1.test of fundamental knowledge
2.test of clinical skills
3.test of clinical judgement.(negative marking will be done)🙁

if nbde finds you up to their standard then from this stage u can appear for OSCE and written ndbe🙂

if they do not find you up to their standard then with the same grades you can apply to universities for qualifying program.:scared:

The universities will also be reviewing their selection criteria based on the changes that ACFD has made in the selection process.:meanie:

thanks for all the information but what do you mean by the standard ..........on their website they only mentioned a passing score which is 75 is this what you meant???? and the other thing which confuses me is that they said that we have the right to take each exam only twice😡 ??!!!!!!!!!!do you have anu clue????
 
I get stuck in orthodontic Qs donot have alot of experience in it,also a lot of dental material questions but they are easier to find answers for .

Hi dent rdh and leda, I am preparing for the nbde equivalence process too, I would like to review the questions with you if you let me. I can help with ortho, I made my specialty in Ortho.
I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!!
 
yes dent rdh and chanty let's get started ...I would say in this thread...you can start posting questions dent rdh whenever you feel like..I will check this thread very often ...
 
check out the entry to practice competencies in the ndeb website on the left side they are quite clear.....also while u r at it they have put up the actual dates for the exam and deadline for application.I think we do not have a lot of time to waste now......should i mail u the questions I am having problems with or u want to discuss them here ??

dent rdh do you refer to the information here ??
http://www.ndeb.ca/en/non_accredited/competencies.htm

The only thing I am not sure is if the assesment of fundamental knowlwdege can be taken in 2010 and the other two in 2012 ??? do you have any idea ?? I am going to phone and ask them..



anyways I am definitely going to prepare for the assesment of fundamental knowledge in february 2010... so let 's go over those 660 pages.
 
Hi dent rdh and leda, I am preparing for the nbde equivalence process too, I would like to review the questions with you if you let me. I can help with ortho, I made my specialty in Ortho.
I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!!

you are more than welcome chanty !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes i am referring to that page.......btw why wud u wait for so long in taking the other 2 exam....I would think u can do it though they shud not have any objection to it.
ok here is the first Q
a significant factor in the correction of an anterior cross bite is
a- age of patient
b- depth of crossbit
c- shape of tooth involved
d-space available mesiodistally.
 
Prior to the correction of a one tooth anterior cross bite,th emajor factor to consider is the
a- adequacy of mesiodistal space
b- developmental age of th epatient
c- sequence of eruption of the permanent dentittion
d- morphology of the anterior tooth.
 
yes i am referring to that page.......btw why wud u wait for so long in taking the other 2 exam....I would think u can do it though they shud not have any objection to it.
ok here is the first Q
a significant factor in the correction of an anterior cross bite is
a- age of patient
b- depth of crossbit
c- shape of tooth involved
d-space available mesiodistally.🙂

I can go through the Qs with you.
I noticed on the NDBE website, that application deadline for Fundamental Knowledge is in September. I don't know what to do. Perhaps it would be a good idea to apply, as there is no guarantee I will be accepted to the Qualifying Program. But it means spending another couple of hundreds... 😡
Leda, there is no information yet, but I believe those exams should be valid for 2 years like the EEs were. Why do you want to wait?
What is killing me in the whole admission/certification process is the time that we lose...
 
hi DALO,
i personally feel that the minimum requirement will be 75% which means that anybody scoring 75% will be allowed to take assessment of clinical skills and clinical judgement ,just like anyone getting more that 75% can apply for qualifying program but the catch here is that the final assessment will again be competitive that is whoever scores highest in all the 3 will be considered for licensing and the rest will again go thru the process of applying to qualifying programs based on their performance in all the 3 exams.

HI SARNA,
i really do not think that u need to apply for next year coz rest assured you will definitely get in this year if that is what you want.
 
yes i am referring to that page.......btw why wud u wait for so long in taking the other 2 exam....I would think u can do it though they shud not have any objection to it.
ok here is the first Q
a significant factor in the correction of an anterior cross bite is
a- age of patient
b- depth of crossbit
c- shape of tooth involved
d-space available mesiodistally.

I think is D space available mesiodistally..however age of patient is significant too, but between the two I would say d is more significant...