Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just read an interesting report from the Canadian Ophthalmology Association. They did a "study" to determine suggested eye exam frequency.
For low-risk patients:
19-40 years once every 10 years
41-55 years once every 5 years
56-65 year once every 3 years
65+ every 2 years
I think the intervalls are a bit long....I think the perspective paradigms of optometrists VS ophthalmologists is demonstrated here. Ophthos are all about treating (usually surgically) problems once they are significant. Optoms are about early detection, prevention and early intervention.
JP
For low-risk patients:
19-40 years once every 10 years
41-55 years once every 5 years
56-65 year once every 3 years
65+ every 2 years
I think the intervalls are a bit long....I think the perspective paradigms of optometrists VS ophthalmologists is demonstrated here. Ophthos are all about treating (usually surgically) problems once they are significant. Optoms are about early detection, prevention and early intervention.
JP