CANADIAN optician attacks reporter.

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yeah, that story was all over CNN like 2 weeks ago. He was an optician, and he was pissed b/c the reporter was doing a story on how the optician was ripping people off. Other than that, he was just a whacko with a horrible temper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that story was all over CNN like 2 weeks ago. He was an optician, and he was pissed b/c the reporter was doing a story on how the optician was ripping people off. Other than that, he was just a whacko with a horrible temper.

so the headline misled me to believe an optometrist would do things like that. okay I can sleep in peace now. thank you! :D

haha i saw that footage about 2 weeks ago when I was bored on you-tube. He was so not an optometrist..think he was an optician.

Not only was he an optician and ripping people off. He was also practicing optometry without a license performing "vision tests" which is specifically against the law in Ontario.

Why this guy is being called an optometrist is beyond me.

here is a link to the story:
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_4479.aspx

This is yet another example of the general public not having any idea about the difference between an optician, an optometrist and an ophthalmologist. One of the reason's that the guy was so irate was that he was exposed as being a phony eye doctor, performing exams illegally. One of the original report attempts to explain how you can tell that you are getting a full eye exam by a qualified professional rather than a quack writing down your refraction on what looks like a napkin. Yet somehow in the filter of the media the story turns into "Optometrist attacks reporter." Yet another example of how irresponsible reporting screws things up

Can someone change the title of this thread to Optician and not OD, Thanks!