Canadian PCAT vs American PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BubbleDIA

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys. I had a question about the topic above and decided make a post.

I am thinking about applying to both Canadian and American pharmacy schools this year. I have already taken the Canadian PCAT. However, I am not sure if I can use Canadian score for US schools. Is there a difference for PCAT for two countries? Or are they same thing and is standardized both in US and Canada?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

they should be the same, which US school are you planning to apply into?

Hello, guys. I had a question about the topic above and decided make a post.

I am thinking about applying to both Canadian and American pharmacy schools this year. I have already taken the Canadian PCAT. However, I am not sure if I can use Canadian score for US schools. Is there a difference for PCAT for two countries? Or are they same thing and is standardized both in US and Canada?

Thank you in advance.

According to the University of Toronto PCAT registration website, you will still take the PCAT administered by Pearson. While there could be differences between the Canadian vs American version, they should be identical. The only difference may be in the unit conversion questions (e.g. feet to inches type questions). I did not see any of these types of questions on the Nov PCAT. Pearson may have removed these regional special questions (metric in Canada, imperial in US) in order to standardize the test across the two nations.